A new theory

My bad 35mm, when I got it out. Very strange no one could tell me that before hand!!!
@Doc Roc your post above about the could very well be the vibration culprit with one axis stuff it could force a wobble. Sorry but not sorry the bvb earing weren't bad but atleast you fixed one that was installed by a train triumph technician production line monkey with no QA. Afterwards. While your at it check the torque on the output shaft nut. I know a captain in ohio that had shifting problems in as nd out of first gear. His nut backed off a few threads allow the shaft to float a d to and fro from the torque genarated by the helix angle on the helical gears. Two gear amplifying the torque for movement. The movement allowed one of the gear shims to drop down and block the dogs from fitting in the pockets. Youll probably have to put it in gear to check the torque.

. I also found that the universal is very tight on one axis and was wondering if this would cause harmonics and premature wear on the rear spline?????

Who knows, but its not right. I would say you found a real problem. It may not be the silver bullet, but it sure could be.

That universal joint does not move very far. While you have it out, try re-seating the caps by hitting the joint, not the caps, in hopes of freeing it some. Or replace it. Either way, you have to use this method to center it

That universal joint does not move very far. While you have it out, try re-seating the caps by hitting the joint, not the caps, in hopes of freeing it some. Or replace it. Either way, you have to use this method to center it
Have ordered a good second hand drive shaft so will check the uni when it gets here.

100_2860.JPG
@Doc Roc,
Nice pix!
Best rear fender bob job I've seen!!! :thumbsup:
I welded a piece of 3/8"round bar to the edge to smooth it out.

Last edited:
Nice work!
What did you do with the

PRESSING,MUDGUARD SUPPORT T2306030?

I just washed the damper bearings out with petrol and they are very loose and rattly. Maybe I caught it just in time. Will cut them open soon and have a look inside.

Back