A new theory

@Doc Roc your post above about the could very well be the vibration culprit with one axis stuff it could force a wobble. Sorry but not sorry the bvb earing weren't bad but atleast you fixed one that was installed by a train triumph technician production line monkey with no QA. Afterwards. While your at it check the torque on the output shaft nut. I know a captain in ohio that had shifting problems in as nd out of first gear. His nut backed off a few threads allow the shaft to float a d to and fro from the torque genarated by the helix angle on the helical gears. Two gear amplifying the torque for movement. The movement allowed one of the gear shims to drop down and block the dogs from fitting in the pockets. Youll probably have to put it in gear to check the torque.
Checked the nut, very tight but has moved a fraction. Am just going to redo the crimp where it is.
DSCN2538.JPG

Checked the nut, very tight but has moved a fraction. Am just going to redo the crimp where it is.
DSCN2538.JPG
good and yes all I would do is re-stake it and roll.

Oh and don't use any shop towels inside to clean the insides I have seen this done and the cotton fuzz you can not see clogs the sump screens!!!!!
Not good for oil circulation. :D

Does anyone recognise this logo, its on the bevel box and spline, the #33390 is the same on both of my units so it must be a part number. Don't you think Triumph should sell the bloody things separately?
DSCN2550.JPG
DSCN2548.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2549.JPG
    DSCN2549.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 1
Does anyone recognise this logo, its on the bevel box and spline, the #33390 is the same on both of my units so it must be a part number. Don't you think Triumph should sell the bloody things separately?
DSCN2550.JPG
DSCN2548.JPG
If memory serves me right the differential is Italian.

Parts arrived yesterday in a huge box, I now know why they are called "bike BANDIT". They charged me US$126 freight for $76 worth of parts. UPS site said package was 12lbs when it weighed 2.2lbs.I ask at the post office and it would cost me US$35 to post it back. NOT HAPPY.
DSCN2552.JPG

Back