A new theory

I hate to be "that guy" again. You said you are planning on running some oil in the area of the rear spline ? I'm afraid the first time you apply the brakes that oil is going to end up at the front spline and that rubber boot isn't designed to hold oil.
Its glued to the swing arm and only needs a clamp on the motor. Or I can just dribble a bit in there when I think it needs it. At least I will be able to!!

It could be your hearing the rear bearing with no oil feed to it its got to sound pretty bad as it comes apart.since your this far what does the rear seal look like. I'm not sure why but one of the main reason there was two update kits is because they sent new torsional damper covers. One has to wonder if the moved anything centerline wise.

Seal looks good and there is no movement in the shaft.
DSCN2526.JPG

Dropped the sump yesterday and there are some metal particles in the screens not as much as I have seen in photos posted here. My sump looks totally different to any I have seen on here. Spinning the back wheel with the disc pads retracted does not create any noise from the damper area only when you rock the wheel back and forward there seems to be a lot off backlash and clunking. Also I can lay under the bike and see the damper, I got someone to rock the back wheel and could not notice any major lateral movement in the damper.
I am still going to rip it apart as I have made all the tools to do the job, and I feel it is not good to have a sound like an empty tool box being dragged along under your bike!!
It is not a hard job just bloody time consuming and it will take me longer as the temperature here yesterday was 45°C so I could only do a bit at a time.
Thanks for the input guys, will ask the bearing shop if they recommend standard or C3 bearings.
Will keep you posted and add some photos if I can figure out how.
not being a pro at all I remember removing the whole thing and took it to a triumph shop for getting the proper bearing installed there was then a kit for that particular problem maybe there might still be some bearing floating around.

Its glued to the swing arm and only needs a clamp on the motor. Or I can just dribble a bit in there when I think it needs it. At least I will be able to!!

first concern the rubber boot was designed to keep out dirt it may not take having lube on it. may swell up.

second concern there might be a bleed hole in the diff to allow oil to go out the bleed hole and drip out of the diff on to your rim.

third concern it looks like there is a snap ring out of place on the shaft coming out of the transmission?

first concern the rubber boot was designed to keep out dirt it may not take having lube on it. may swell up.

second concern there might be a bleed hole in the diff to allow oil to go out the bleed hole and drip out of the diff on to your rim.

third concern it looks like there is a snap ring out of place on the shaft coming out of the transmission?

Good eye ! Not sure what we are seeing there. The seal looks a little odd on the bottom also now that you got me looking at it.

Does not show a snap ring?
DSCN2527.JPG

It will be shown on the diagram for the shaft assembly rather than the housing diagram - i don't recall seeing a snap ring on mine

Back