A new theory

Testing.
DSCN2511.JPG

Yep original early 04 oil sump changed so fast some 04-05 came with the newer and only other style of sump pan. In my opinion they changed it so not matter which side its leaning it has a sump screen to return oil. A vital thingy :)

Triumph says to renew the sump screen bolts. I have always just added a little thread licker medium blue to them and never had one come out. Im going back to re read this thread as you pointed out. There is no bits and if the torsional damper bearings are bad usaull you find them there
54046_37cd2c426beaaabae6d0a81362f03495.jpg

54047_6b173fcef7ccda2efcc703a752223a3b.jpg

loose starter
if u still have the cat in the muffler system give it a kick and see if it rattles.
check differential lube for metal chunks. be careful when u tighten it breaks easy
there is a rubber torsion system(cant think of the name) in the rear wheel if that was bad it would have play
hth

loose starter
if u still have the cat in the muffler system give it a kick and see if it rattles.
check differential lube for metal chunks. be careful when u tighten it breaks easy
there is a rubber torsion system(cant think of the name) in the rear wheel if that was bad it would have play
hth
Starter tight, no cat, drained diff onto a magnet wrapped in white cotton, no swarf. Removed rear wheel cush drive and bearings all good.
Removed diff looks good. no end float and back lash seems acceptable. Spline was rusty brown which amazed me as my tyre is only half worn and I put lots of Molycote on it when I do it.
Will replace all the wheel bearings.
Probably remove the swing arm tomorrow to check movement in damper shaft if I get time to make a lifting attachment for my trolley jack at work tonight!!!
I read somewhere here that Avon tyres make a bit of noise when they are worn it couldn't be that could it? noise mainly happens at 120kph and sometimes when decelerating at around 50kph.
Tyres wear very flat around here as we have very straight roads.

Back