Hombre got mad at us because a member here posted something 2 years ago that someone considered racist on the other site so we are all racists here.

Mr. IMTOOFAST aka Art, if you wish to post further advertisements on this forum you need to 1. Contact the Administrator to become a supporter and 2. You gotta post dyno sheets supporting your claims and not that same old one that is one your site.;)

Like this fresh one.

It was done a last on Ross's aka Freaky Ones Ride Of course I must point out the blower belt drive is not hooked up yet on this basic start up and get running Dyno run. they will be adding it to the stage 1 package but impressive numbers though. This was tuned at just under 7500 and I don't believe they plan on raising the rev limiter as it should be able to do 190 at this rpm anyway.

I don't know if you guys remember Ross he had a fight with some cancer and was out for a little while but after them taking a kidney and all the radiation/chemo treatments he is still a Freaky One on his Tribal Rocket

Last edited:
Lil brother,

Art reckons he's run an R3 up to 8500rpm, and that his valve train will do 9000 without float, so I can only assume he's run one up to 9000 as well.

Do you reckon we could run an R3 with standard weight pistons up to 8500 or 9000 reliably without stronger rods?

Super rocket

Like this fresh one.

It was done a last on Ross's aka Freaky Ones Ride Of course I must point out the blower belt drive is not hooked up yet on this basic start up and get running Dyno run. they will be adding it to the stage 1 package but impressive numbers though. This was tuned at just under 7500 and I don't believe they plan on raising the rev limiter as it should be able to do 190 at this rpm anyway.

I don't know if you guys remember Ross he had a fight with some cancer and was out for a little while but after them taking a kidney and all the radiation/chemo treatments he is still a Freaky One on his Tribal Rocket
WE are still tuning NA then we will put the belt on the SC and see what we can come up with we are using TUNE BOY

high rpm

Lil brother,

Art reckons he's run an R3 up to 8500rpm, and that his valve train will do 9000 without float, so I can only assume he's run one up to 9000 as well.

Do you reckon we could run an R3 with standard weight pistons up to 8500 or 9000 reliably without stronger rods?
IF YOUR planning on running high RPM on a regular basis then it would be wise to use the upgraded components

Lil brother,

Standard weight on cast pistons vary but the one good one I have left was only a gram or so heavier then the J&E blower pistons. The rods are 95 grams heavier then the forged Carrillo Rocket Rods. I understand the need for the valve train enhancement if you want longevity in an engine. There is too much chance for the valve to be blown open by the blower. You can also get valve float on Na engines they are just not being blown open by 18 to 20 psi blower/compressor still if they don't close fast enough and a piston collides with them it will just plain **** **** up. At High rpms a over the top shim like on the stock engines could get kicked out or split so a few things can happen
1.) Where are the broken pieces going? Do they over lap and hold the piston open and the piston try to force them shut? Ouch broke piston crack head and a general bad feeling in your chest and wallet.

2. do the stick in between other spring and jam up the valve and the cam still try's to push the valve open. Ouch Ouch as it rips up the cam ladder sending more fragments to be pumped thru the motor.

3.) do they just go thru the motor like gravel destroying everything they pass thru? OH **** new crank piston cams head **** what if some of the fragments go between the counter balance gear and the crank gear or the crank gear and the gear on the clutch basket. **** forgot about the tranny as they are not cheap and have lots of gears and bearings also. **** it could end up being a bad day and a short ride till the wrecker truck comes and scoops the piece of garbage up off the road.

4.) Fortunately the worst case Scenario is this could lock something up or dump a couple liters of oil on the road at high speeds and once your arse is scraped off the pavement you just might not care so much that is unless you live.!!
But hey with a helmet you might be able to have an open casket.
Of course that won't happen to me as God does not want my opinion as of yet and the devil is worried about me Unionizing hell :D
Oh and yes I figure a company which has built record speed motors both NA and FA might just know what they are talking about. And since they have don it with other engines like busa's they already got the jump on guys like me as they know what it takes to do these things safely. But that’s just my opinion everyone has to decide for themselves.

I do not know whether the rods that he used when he spun 8500 or 9000 were stock or not Art might have told me and I foregot. I do know racer require tech shops not to blab about whats in there engine to other racers and He who pays for the parts, work, tunning has the right to post there info. And the right not to let the competition know what inthere. as for Ross's latest dyno and picture I have posted with his permision. Otherwise like the rest of you I would have respected his wishes.

Last edited:
Rods

Lil brother,

WE have not had any rod or piston failures HAS anyone ever had a rod failure???

I myself have not heard of any broken rods. I have bought a set of Carrillo rods to insure longevity of the engine as I do plan on spinning 7500 to 8000 on her.

Back