3 in 1 air intake manifold

I believe when he made that, the NACA duct was there to provide equal air flow to the back throttle bodies.. Kind of like "ram air". With just one opening at the end, air pressure builds up inside, causing the air flow to pretty much stop at the front throttle body.

I believe when he made that, the NACA duct was there to provide equal air flow to the back throttle bodies.. Kind of like "ram air". With just one opening at the end, air pressure builds up inside, causing the air flow to pretty much stop at the front throttle body.

I've heard that while these look "fast" there are problems with air flow. I think you're spot on re the duct on the side. Probably a small vent at the rear wouldn't hurt as well.

That unit was formed in CPVC. It contains a single flat-plate air filter of proper area for 140 CI engine, and the placement of said filter dictated the functionality of the NACA duct. Ram effect was achieved, and internal V-stacks significantly improved throttle response.

My design and my work, but frankly guys... NA is boring. :)

I still think you Hombre and gR3ywolf have/had the best lookin intakes i've seen.
I'm workin' on one myself, not TO wild, but different.
At least different than any of the rest I've seen...
It may not improve the flow dynamics any,
but I think it'll improve the looks of just plain K&N's hangin' out there.

First up is Warp's new Gracie,
next is off the internet, unknown owner, last is Metcruizers intake.
These in conjunction with Hombres are about all the custom intakes I've seen,
at least all I can find right now.
Mine on the other hand will be unlike any of these.
Mine is a "simpler" design, basically because I'm a simple designer..:eek:
Not saying ANYONE will like it, don't expect them to, I'm making it to suit me,
I like it and it is different, so it'll fit me and fit my bike to a "T"....;)

That unit was formed in CPVC. It contains a single flat-plate air filter of proper area for 140 CI engine, and the placement of said filter dictated the functionality of the NACA duct. Ram effect was achieved, and internal V-stacks significantly improved throttle response.

My design and my work, but frankly guys... NA is boring. :)

Hombre. How did you attach the velocity stacks to the injector bodies? Also, how did you attach the velocity stacks to the backing plate?

Modify, modify, modify ad infinitum. While you design, I ride :D:D:D. When you get a working PRODUCTION model, call me, I have blue tooth Sena in the helmet so I'll take your call :).

Back