3 in 1 air intake manifold

I'll wait to see it. I built a custom intake plenum for a 1968 300CI six cylinder Mustang that I put a mechanical Bosch injection pump on back in 1970. The main plenum was one diameter front to rear with six feeder pipes. Made over 300 HP with it. Of course the motor was not stock either. Ed Iskenderian designed and ground a cam for it and the head was ported, block blue printed, Etc. But my thought is, you might be over engineering the main plenum tube. If you were building a manifold between the cylinder head and the injector bodies that would be more critical.

you might be over engineering the main plenum tube.

Maybe, but to me it seems that's the way it should be and it's not a hard job to build a cone of that size. The rest I am doing regardless, so why not.

I reckon it will look a lot cleaner than being stepped down at the back as the one in the photo.

My original idea years ago (before I even owned a Rocket) was to make a trumpet and use it as forced induction but a good friend who is a Triumph wizz and dyno tuner said it is near impossible to replicate the forced air effect when tuning.

intake

If someone here wants to start up a small business selling these I would buy one.
It would be all the same size anyways as all the R3 engines are the same regardless of whether it a roadster, classic or touring.
It sure looks good on a rocket.

My one concern would be if your knee hits it ?

If someone here wants to start up a small business selling these I would buy one.
It would be all the same size anyways as all the R3 engines are the same regardless of whether it a roadster, classic or touring.
It sure looks good on a rocket.

My one concern would be if your knee hits it ?

Will depend how mine works out as a final product and if I can easily reproduce it but I'm thinking about starting to make a few Rocket specific items, and this will be one of them.

Don't ask me for a possible time frame or price, but I'll be posting up info when the time comes.

I've got to install my new PCV and Auto Tune unit first and get that on line. Then I will start looking at building a plenum for my bike. The picture limits the ability to see how far out from the tank the set up is. But, I believe if you used a straight front to back tube, or cone, for the main plenum, it would fit closer to the injector bodies. The way the guy set that plenum up using a 90 degree mandrel bend on the rear injector body makes the main tube protrude farther out from the injector bodies. Make sense? I want to tuck mine in as much as possible.

"I reckon it will look a lot cleaner than being stepped down at the back as the one in the photo."

This is why I want to see a drawing. I can't seem to envision what you are describing. "Stepped down at the back," the main tube looks to be a straight pipe with a 90 degree mandrel bend at the rear. What are you referring to when you say stepped down ?:confused:

Very interesting air intake scoop. Did you design and build it your self, or was it made for you? What material is it made out of? What type of air filter is used?

Back