3 in 1 air intake manifold

Don't think anyone is selling anything like that. The ones I've seen over the years have been all custom made, including that one.. :) It is a cool idea though.. :)

That looks easily made.
Buy a K&N filter with the correct air flow (cfm), remove the bear claw,
have a decent weld shop (aluminum) make it up.
Add some rubber connectors with clamps, and a dyno tune to finish it off.
The most difficult part looks like the "ROCKET" engraving.
It is one of the most efficient designs I've seen.

There's a challenge alinus65, go for it. :D

Wow! I was just thinking of fabricating a manifold out of Aluminum just like that one last week. Must be ESP. Only I was looking at tucking the filter in a bit more. With the plenum I bet it would flow well. Maybe better than triples. Lot's of cool air for sure. Might possibly even get a ram air effect. Especially if you made an Aluminum scoop to go around the filter element. I said "Might" now. No claims made! :rolleyes:

That looks easily made.
Buy a K&N filter with the correct air flow (cfm

How do you determine what CFM a K&N can flow.
I've worked out the amount of CFM that the engine can draw but can't find a reference on the K&N site to say what's what.

Am seriously going to build something similar to this (a little different) but gotta have all the info first, including the dimensions of the filter.

How do you determine what CFM a K&N can flow.
I've worked out the amount of CFM that the engine can draw but can't find a reference on the K&N site to say what's what.

Am seriously going to build something similar to this (a little different) but gotta have all the info first, including the dimensions of the filter.

Call K&N tech support. If and when you do build a unit like this, you must post a photo and let us know how it worked out. It appears the fabricator "Belled out" the ends of the short tubes where they weld to the main plenum tube. That is the "Right" way to mount the short tubes to the main plenum tube. From what can be seen in the photo, the set up appears to be a very good fabrication effort. One might be able to use the stock three plenum to injector body clamps on the new tubes.

I'm thinking of buying some 2 1/4" Stainless steel mandrel bends and blending them into a cone shaped plenum with a mouth diameter of 3 1/2"

The K&N RC-4700 seems like it will do the job size wise but just need the spec on it for CFM. I might have to go bigger/longer to make the volume.

Can't scan images, so that makes it hard.

It'll be very similar to what's on the bike in the picture except for the top chamber.

He's used a 90 degree pre-fab bend for the feeder to the rear throttle body and the same for the other 2 as well, but they have been cut down to blend in with the chamber above them all.
It appears the chamber is about 3" and straight thru till just before the last elbow at which point it necks down to suit the final feeder pipe size.

What I'm wanting to do is start out with a larger diameter and taper that chamber from 3 1/2" down to 2 1/4" over about 9". Not stepped in segments, but cone shaped. Does that make sense.

Effectively it will have enough air coming in thru the front to feed all 3 throttle bodies but progressively reduce along it lines as it goes.
A throttle body measures as being 56mm inside and 62mm outside.
2 1/4" is 57.15 where as 2 1/2" is 63.5mm.
As it's the 2 inside measurements I'm trying to align then I've gone for the smaller of the 2 sizes.
To get the correct surface area of the 3 feeder pipes combined then ideally it should start out at 3 3/4" inlet, but I reckon 3 1/2" is near enough.

So now, if I have got you totally confused you'll have to wait till I actually do the job and I'll start a thread on it with pics as I go.

Back