2014 R3 roadster engine to a 05 standard?

To finally sum this old post of mine up and give any other potential readers any insight or closure...2014 engine is swapped in and working seamlessly!! as per originally cootertwo's past efforts and guidance towards this project. Engine slid right into 05 frame no problem. literally everything could be reused, except the gps sensor as cooter forewarned. This was a concern originally, but a incredibley simple obstacle, when already reusing all sensors! lol the 05 gps sensor fit in quit easily having to swap out the 2014s sensor, as it wouldnt connect to my 05s wiring harness...bikes running great. Is absolutrly feeling more crisp n responsive than the older unit surprisingly. Thanks for everyones advice on this btw. hopefully will have legal soon. to take for a real ride here.
cheers

IIRC, the 2005 model had 150 horsies and 150 torques, but the 2006 had 140. The reason being that the 2006 had a cat box but the 2005 didn't. The Roadsters just got back those lost torques with a better exhaust system and tuning.
You smokin the happy bacy again Ian my old friend???? 2005 sure do have the good old cat box, I just put mine back on the other day, oops seems like it is I who is smokin the happy bacy just looked over a few posts and it seems like I do not have a catbox but an empty box(like my head)

You smokin the happy bacy again Ian my old friend???? 2005 sure do have the good old cat box, I just put mine back on the other day, oops seems like it is I who is smokin the happy bacy just looked over a few posts and it seems like I do not have a catbox but an empty box(like my head)
why would u want to do that?
if your bike has a rich tune it might lead to problems.

And another happy ending! Congrats on the swap. ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
haha yeah thanks! Its definetly a great feeling. Due only thanks to the efforts and wisdom of the rocket community here. So again thanks to all who invest their time to share experience and knowledge of these wonderfully one of a kind machines!

Hi all! Still new here, but i recently wrecked my touring model unfortunetly. So now i have my 05 standard still, it needs a new engine. Found a used crate engine online off a 2014 R3 roadster...is this interchangeable? Thanks! N cheers!

Sorry to hear of your luck. Hope ya can make a come up from the situation. N hey never say never brotha! But hey its understandable with your stance

Back