2014 R3 roadster engine to a 05 standard?

IIRC, the 2005 model had 150 horsies and 150 torques, but the 2006 had 140. The reason being that the 2006 had a cat box but the 2005 didn't. The Roadsters just got back those lost torques with a better exhaust system and tuning.

IIRC, the 2005 model had 150 horsies and 150 torques, but the 2006 had 140. The reason being that the 2006 had a cat box but the 2005 didn't. The Roadsters just got back those lost torques with a better exhaust system and tuning.
Hm odd then. My 05 had a cat box. But did eventually install a cat bypass pipe. With a k+n filter with a dealer tune to suite. Along with a O2 sensor removal kit. Haha needless to say that bike was runnin meeean for a good bit till the gear went on me.
In any event im jus glad that another newer r3 model engine will fit n work properly.
I know the earlier yrs had some factory recalls...lol specifically the friggin second gear gettin chewed up!

I just put a 2015 into my 05, so YES, it is possible. Only thing I had to change was the GPS (gear selector switch). I used the throttle body's from the 05 so I didn't have to undo all the cables, etc. :thumbsup: ;):)
Hello all i recieved the 2015 engine but im a little confused what these two hoses are coming out the front of the block as the 05 block doesnt have em equiped? Thanks
I just put a 2015 into my 05, so YES, it is possible. Only thing I had to change was the GPS (gear selector switch). I used the throttle body's from the 05 so I didn't have to undo all the cables, etc. :thumbsup: ;):)
Hello all. So hey i finally got the 2014 engine in and bikes all prepped! One small concern of mine is im not recognizing the hoses coming out the front of the engine? As compared to my old 05 block? Is this a concern? Any advice is appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• Resized_20210420_221007.jpeg
    Resized_20210420_221007.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 34
Yeah im probably forgetting how i took that off at first. Lol it was a all day n night process for me, jus goin slow n

Yeah im probably forgetting how i took that off at first. Lol it was a all day n night process for me, jus goin slow n steady
for me, jus goin slow n steady
Hey there cooter. So im deep n heavy into the swap at this point and noticing whatchya meant about the gps sensor needing attention. My 2014 gps connection looks like this.
As im sure ya know the 05s sensor connection only has two wires with a different connector. What was your solution if i may ask? This look similar? Thanks
Cheers all!!

Attachments

• 20210424_090405.jpg
    20210424_090405.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 24
Well, it's been awhile since I did my swap, and I'm old and feeble..... Someone with more recollection should chime in, but if I remember right, I had to use the 05 GPS (gear position switch) on the 2015 engine I installed. You have to use all the parts, there's a little spring, and detent thing. And I had to use a couple of washers under the switch, as it does not sit all the way down when tightening the 2 screws. Easy-peezy, once you figgre it out.

Hey everyone. A quick bit of insight or advice would be helpful. Is it absolutely needed to completely remove the swing arm for removing then engine and swapping? Only curious.
The good ol service manual kinda has me puzzled where now its like eh. iiiiif that steps not needed....

Back