2014 R3 roadster engine to a 05 standard?

Rocketeer4life

Built like a rock
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
Hi all! Still new here, but i recently wrecked my touring model unfortunetly. So now i have my 05 standard still, it needs a new engine. Found a used crate engine online off a 2014 R3 roadster...is this interchangeable? Thanks! N cheers!

Last edited:
I just put a 2015 into my 05, so YES, it is possible. Only thing I had to change was the GPS (gear selector switch). I used the throttle body's from the 05 so I didn't have to undo all the cables, etc. :thumbsup: ;):)
Oh really?!! Thats awesome n great to hear then!! I was seeing small issues pop up on researching others whov tried this, particularly the oil tank. But thanks for your reply. Greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Whats wrong with the old block?
Absolutely nothing, with only 16k miles on it. But 2nd gear is rattling around in there in pieces now. I was/ still am considering tearing into it to replace myself. But as i understand this is a complicated hastle to reach the gear box? And as i understand the parts along with replacing other parts while its already open roughly comes to 3k! Pshhh for all that i figured mine as well jus get a whole other engine ready to go for same price!

Absolutely nothing, with only 16k miles on it. But 2nd gear is rattling around in there in pieces now. I was/ still am considering tearing into it to replace myself. But as i understand this is a complicated hastle to reach the gear box? And as i understand the parts along with replacing other parts while its already open roughly comes to 3k! Pshhh for all that i figured mine as well jus get a whole other engine ready to go for same price!
I just bought a motor on ebay from a guy in mn that was dropping out of 4th. He bought a motor and swapped them and sold the one needing work i scored. Let me know if you decide to sell. if you decide to fix you will get lots of help here. Either way getter runnin bud its time to ride

I just bought a motor on ebay from a guy in mn that was dropping out of 4th. He bought a motor and swapped them and sold the one needing work i scored. Let me know if you decide to sell. if you decide to fix you will get lots of help here. Either way getter runnin bud its time to ride
Well id be interested in selling the old block seeing as previously stated, its gonna take time n about the same amount of cash to jus buy another used engine. And im pretty sure the roadster engines are a bit more powerful! The one im gettin does have 30k miles on it but hey, even thats not to bad.

Well id be interested in selling the old block seeing as previously stated, its gonna take time n about the same amount of cash to jus buy another used engine. And im pretty sure the roadster engines are a bit more powerful! The one im gettin does have 30k miles on it but hey, even thats not to bad.
the roadsters are, but its just tune and timing is the difference, same parts same pieces, the tune in your 05 ecu is gonna make it behave like the 05 which I believe is a pretty hopped up tune, but others will know for sure what you can do with that, cooter does

Back