2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

That should keep the revs waaay down cruising. Something around 2200 at 80 mph?

That's about right Jeff, actually should be a little less than 2200rpm, around 2180rpm :)

I never did ask what people thought would be the ideal cruising rpm at 80mph,,, but personally i think 2200rpm is pretty good and would be very happy with that.

This is doing well si I must ask in case I missed it. How are you going to control the electronics for 6th gear. Fueling tablels and Timing tables for starters. Been giving it some thoughts to include a tune by gear pcv but adding the needed programing to the ecu is whats confusing me.

Last edited:
That's about right Jeff, actually should be a little less than 2200rpm, around 2180rpm :)

I never did ask what people thought would be the ideal cruising rpm at 80mph,,, but personally i think 2200rpm is pretty good and would be very happy with that.

Id guess using some of or most of the stock trans somewhat limits final drive gearing? Meaning you could only slightly overdrive or major overdrive? Seems to me that you have it sorted. Im impressed!

I think 80 MPH should be at about 100 RPM below the peak torque RPM so when you twist the throttle it can make some more power.

That would be around 3000rpm so i guess.. Triumph list the Roadster as making max torque at 2750rpm, however my stock one maxed at 3175rpm but that's a dyno measuring torque at the wheel, not the crank like Triumph.
After fitting the Carpenter engine bits max torque moved up to 6050rpm at the wheel!

This is doing well si I must ask in case I missed it. How are you going to control the electronics for 6th gear. Fueling tablels and Timing tables for starters. Been giving it some thoughts to include a tune by gear pcv but adding the needed programing to the ecu is whats confusing me.

Thoughts so far are that the old Rockets' GPS has 6 + N locations

upload_2019-2-26_19-17-43.png

the Roadster GPS has 6 + N positions too

upload_2019-2-26_19-18-27.png

upload_2019-2-26_19-19-7.png

and my understanding of the ECU maps is that they work for fueling by cylinder so no issue, and ignition by gear 1, gear 2 and gears 3-5, so would "hope" that the ignition table for gears 3-5 will also cover 6th.

When my Roadster GPS went funky (happened a few times) and showed a 6th gear on the display, the bike still ran fine, iirc.
When it didn't run so good was when it showed N while in gear.

Guess we won't know for sure until running the engine, but hey we do have Alain for TuneECU (and Chris for Dynojet PCV, for those @barbagris who like to map by gear :D) map modifications, both these guys have been very helpful to me so far.

Id guess using some of or most of the stock trans somewhat limits final drive gearing? Meaning you could only slightly overdrive or major overdrive? Seems to me that you have it sorted. Im impressed!

Correct, the ratios available for 6th were very very limited, however the one which was picked seems to work fine and delivers 80mph at 2180rpm, which by all accounts hits the spot.

With which tyre? :whitstling:

Not a darkside anyway :ninja:

I was wondering where the Carpenter HP motors made max TQ. My Lush system peaks tq at 5300. I actually did lose a bit on the low end and may look at resetting the cams a degree or two per Mr. Lush

Back