2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

A look at the 6 speed transmission working from the other side, where you can see the 6 gear + N selector drum moving the forks which move the gears about.

Update on the 2.5L stroker crank and rods, the manufacturer has suffered some more delays so another few weeks delay on that side of things.

On the other hand, prices and lead times are coming in for the 6th gear transmission parts, and looking good at 3-4 weeks in some cases, 8 in others.

I'm secretly a little bit raging as Triumph announced a 2.5L Rocket in the pipeline several months after I announced on here that I was going to develop it for our 2004-2018 bikes, but was still hoping to have the 2.5L engine up and running before they make the official info release on May 1st, however now that looks like Triumph will get there first due to these delays :rolleyes:

Am wondering if the TFC will have a 6 speed tranny, I suspect so, but it'd be nice to have this project done before Triumph do.

A least we'll have a 2.5L, 6 Gear engine upgrade kit for the 04-18 bikes.

@R-III-R Turbo Any idea on the cost of a kit(s) ?

Not yet Paul, only some prices for some of the kit's components. The initial prototype cost will be large, due to setup costs like making the tooling to make these parts, but subsequent sets significantly cheaper. Won't know for a bit yet.

Great news!

2020 Triumph Rocket 3 engine is 2458cc (Bore x stroke 110.2 mm x 85.9 mm)
2.5L kit for 04-19 Rocket IIIs is 2472cc :D 101.6mm x 101.6mm
Eat my shorts Triumph!

2.5L crank is to be shipped to me this week :)

Last edited:
Great news!

2020 Triumph Rocket 3 engine is "2458cc".... well, 2457cc calculated (Bore x stroke 110.2 mm x 85.9 mm)
2.5L kit for 04-19 Rocket IIIs is 2472cc :D 101.6mm x 101.6mm
Eat my shorts Triumph!

2.5L crank is to be shipped to me this week :)

And the 6 speed gearbox Arto ? I'm constantly looking for/waiting for that next gear :D

And the 6 speed gearbox Arto ? I'm constantly looking for/waiting for that next gear :D

After a lot of hardship, as you predicted, shaking down gear manufacturers worldwide it appears we've found one that fits.

Working through optimising the design for long term reliability with them.
Fractions of mm kinda stuff.

Hoping to wrap up and order within a couple of weeks

Back