2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

I'm still wondering of ot would be cheaper to reverse the ratio of the torsional damper? Only one tooth different i say swap them have the one more on the driver transmission output. And one less on the driven torsionsl damper to to bevel box. The plus is you just increased every gear not the thr engine can torque thru that :D

I could recommend Fixit in Sweden Om fixit | Fixit Transmission Well known for the ability to build bulletproof gears.

Thanks for the recommendation :thumbsup:

I have to ask the ones who have been negative. Have they explained their negativity. Like cost of hobbs and such?

I'm still wondering of ot would be cheaper to reverse the ratio of the torsional damper? Only one tooth different i say swap them have the one more on the driver transmission output. And one less on the driven torsionsl damper to to bevel box. The plus is you just increased every gear not the thr engine can torque thru that :D

A few said they don't do small volume work, some gave PFO prices, some didn't respond.. etc

Re switching the helicals around, i had considered this a while back (Btw the output shaft helical is 46T and the torsional damper helical is 48T - 2 teeth difference)

But anywho from calculations it would mean only dropping from 3000rpm at 80mph in 5th to about 2755rpm.
Personally i really like the idea of a 6th gear though, and 80mph at 2200rpm would be sweet.
Perhaps do both, switch the helicals and add the 6th gear :roll:

Output shaft 46T helical;
upload_2019-5-5_22-19-59.png

Torsional damper 48T helical;
upload_2019-5-5_22-17-39.png

I have to agree with you here Arto, I would prefer a significant (as you are suggesting) drop in RPM at 80 MPH.
So often I am running through the gears 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th, 5th to .... dam I'm already in top gear :mad:
I agree with Scott that changing the two output gears would be a lot cheaper and easier, but it wouldn't net the ratio drop that I would be looking for.

After a lot of hardship, as you predicted, shaking down gear manufacturers worldwide it appears we've found one that fits.

Working through optimising the design for long term reliability with them.
Fractions of mm kinda stuff.

Hoping to wrap up and order within a couple of weeks
The machine industry has gone the way of many industries. Mass production and low cost. The downside is there are way fewer prototype shops still open. I know, I just found a new job, there are literally hundreds of machine shops in my area, but only a couple custom/prototype shops. Adding to your dilemma, crankshafts, and gear hobbing is very specialized. Best of luck to you Art! The good news is the few that remain are usually very competent.

Back