Zumo 665 review

Tugboat Tim

.040 Over
Ride
08 tour
Ok so it's been a month since the install, and last week went on road trip to the pigs tail and eureka springs arkansas.
First the good parts it comes with a ram mount and with a car mount plus the xm antenna. Install was very easy.

Have loaded routes in via google earth and was very easy. Tried doing a route based off just having a paper map in my hand and linking waypoints. This takes a little time and for some towns very little ones in AR and TX it sometimes says they are not in that state. Got around it by using the intersection option which is cool.

We made our way to cabin in the middle of nowhere AR, although recently made the news do to major flooding and loss of life. Owner told me that everyone tells him his addresss doesn't work in gps, so got directions from him and did side by side comparasion. Five miles in from the last paved road we found the house and sure enough the gps took right to the front door.
Then on the ride home we ran into large rain showers, the radar updates works very well, gps makes a tone and then puts a simple icon up to alert you are near weather. mine is configured for anything in a 10 mile radius. Sure enough storm rolled in, went on to the radar screen with route over laid and then hit detour to miss storm and got out of first storm without getting wet. Next storm unfortunately was directly in our way but it was nice to be able to see how big the rain was going to last and wether or not to sit and wait it out or keep riding with gear on.

Xm music is good up to about 85, then the directions n zoom in for lane changes are very good on 8 lane highways like Dallas Ft Worth has.

Only a couple complaints, it's not easy to charge the unit when say sleeping, I think I might have a sticking on off switch. I am not too worried about either as I have already talked to Garmin and told I wanted to see if it's something I am doing or if it's a bug. They told me that if I think it's a bug just call them back and they will set up a warranty claim for me.

I do not have a blue tooth helmet but have tried linking it to my blackberry and it does work.

Back