Review: Burn Jacket Pro, leg protection

Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
This is a review of the Burn Jacket Pro.
20230712e.jpg

I recently bought this product of Amazon to help protect my right calf from the heat coming off the headers. We all know how hot the stock system gets, but when we swap that for performance headers, the heat seems to be worse. To recap what I did prior to this purchase;
1. I installed the Viking full, dual system on Brahma. I can feel the increase in torque and love the power and sound. The heat is intense though. Paul was very good at recommending getting a new tune so good on him! I didn't and burned a few holes in my pants and blistered my inner leg.
2. I added exhaust wrap, no difference. Still blistering my right leg at stops.
3. I added stainless steel exhaust shields that look like carbon fiber. The heat is less but will still be too hot at stop lights.
4. I paid the money to have the bike dyno tuned after the engine swap. Temperature is better now with a proper air/fuel mixture, but it is still so hot that I shut the engine off at stops to prevent burning my right leg.
5. I bought the title bit of kit to see if this prevents the burning. Well, kind of...

On my ride to work this morning in 70°F temps, I still felt the heat through my jeans above and below the wrap. At the few stops I made, the heat built up but not bad. On the ride home though in 93° heat, the problem is not corrected.
The pad does block the biggest portion of heat but it still transfers the pain. I did notice the heat above and below the wrap far more. At one long light, I still turned the engine off as the pain was becoming too great.

The search for relief continues...

EDIT: 7-14-2023
I wore the wrap under my jeans today and find that it does a far better job there. My jean right now are tight to my calf with no real air gap between the material and the leg. Thus, heat transfers much easier. by placing the pad between the leg and material, I increase the distance slightly which makes the pad perform noticeably better.

View of pad when foot is on the floor board
20230712b.jpg

Notice the heat source not blocked with foot on the ground
20230712d.jpg
20230712f.jpg
20230712g.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Paul did ceramic on the inside of his systems, am I wrong? If so I can see the heat, if not I can see it must not be very effective.

bob

I thought Paul did ceramic on the inside of his systems, am I wrong? If so I can see the heat, if not I can see it must not be very effective.

bob
You are correct, Paul did everything I asked to include the ceramic coating.

Same thing with under ware. They work better under the jeans and looks better also. :thumbsup:
Nah, if you've got it....... flaunt it @Boog ;):cool::roll::roll::roll::roll:

1702164159670.png

Back