Product review - BLU TPMS

thorin

Owner of Goliath, the giant motorcycle
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
hey all,
thought i'd share my experience with what i think is a pretty good buy.
BLU TPMS is a tire pressure and temperature monitoring system that involves only the installation of the supplied air valve caps and a bit of set up via their downloaded app.
the caps come with anti-theft nuts to deter removal by a jealous harley owner!
at $75 i think it's a great way to check air pressure any time you want without the normal hassle.
this is an image of the app on my phone.
yeah i know, pressure's a bit low but that's what makes it so cool.
a few pounds short in a tire can affect handling and such.
check it anytime!

IMG_6291.PNG

BLU Technology Products | Home
anyways, just wanted to share this with the group as we're quickly heading into the riding season.

I gotta think about this. It would help pick up a slow leak if you looked at it in the AM prior to every ride. Not much good while riding or with hot tires unless you have a fast leak. I guess it would keep you from crawling around on the ground to check pressure. I will have to ponder this a while. I suppose this seems as needed to me as pure nitrogen in the tires of a street bike. OTOH, I am glad you like it. ;)

bob

I'm A Okie. We just use a pressure gauge . No apps or other gadgets need apply. Besides at times the gadgets lie to you. Good quality pressure gauge never has.:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Sure you do...
Hate all those newfangled gadgets do ya?
Don’t be angry, they’ll ship to Oklahoma.

There’s zero validity trusting a typica mechanical gauge over the electronics in the caps, and vice versa, neither are calibrated devices.

I for one would certainly check it more often if it was two taps on my phone, which Is have out anyway before a ride turning on music or gps or both.

@thorin...looks very similar to the one I use, FoboBike which @1olbull turned me onto. Yours is a little cheaper tho. The value to me is it makes it easier and quicker to check the air before a ride which I might not do each ride if I didn't have it. (I know...thats stupid, dangerous and lazy). Thanks for sharing.

I gotta think about this. It would help pick up a slow leak if you looked at it in the AM prior to every ride. Not much good while riding or with hot tires unless you have a fast leak. I guess it would keep you from crawling around on the ground to check pressure. I will have to ponder this a while. I suppose this seems as needed to me as pure nitrogen in the tires of a street bike. OTOH, I am glad you like it. ;)
bob

Coming home from Texas last November, I was made aware of a slow leak in my rear tire by my Fobo.
Turned out it was only that the Fobo unit was not screwed in tight enough.
Checking tire pressure on the Rocket is definitely a PITA!
If you be old, infirmed or just plain old lazy, these TPMs are dope! :roll: :D :thumbsup:

Wow. Guess i'm not with it. Still like to check the tire pressure weekly and if out on the road the bike starts to act a little funny suspension wise we check the tires. Someday may get there with the gadgets but in no big hurry.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Back