Zumo 550 GPS Mounting system

Hi Flip,
I agree with you that tape looks tacky. It is not there anymore. Actually it was there under the RAM handlebar clamps to protect the chrome bars, it was not clamping down cables or anything so it was never really seen (until I moved the Chatterbox and GPS right before I took this picture). I repositioned the RAM U-bolt clamps and forgot to remove the tape before taking the picture.

But, I will definitely go take a look at your products and see what I can use.
Thanks,
Doglanta (Ken)

Help

I have a few nickels saved up and I would like add GPS. There are 3 different Zumo models that I am aware of:

450 $549.99
550 $669.99
660 $799.99

Any experience with the Tomtom?

Curious what you Captains think of these different models. Does the extra $250 for the 660 do me a lot of good?

I would like to use this in my vehicle as well and it looks like the 550 comes with some added hardware for both. I am not 'plugged in' on blue tooth and chatterbox and what they do, but I gather that I would need those if I wish to hear directions from the GPS right?

I don't have experience with Zumo for I have a Garmin StreetPilot.

My StreePilot is MP3 capable, but the quality and capacity is awful.

IMHO, I wouldn't be inclined to shell out the extra money so that I could have XM Radio if was being piped through the unit.

I believe that you can get the 'wiring' kit for both so that you don't have to rely on a lithium-ion battery regardless of what the bunny tells you.

If I were in the market again, I'd get the 660.;) Just my two cents.

When you've decided, check these guys out...
Garmin GPS, XM, Sirius, Magellan GPS, Lowrance GPS, TomTom GPS, MIO GPS & RAM GPS Mount Authorized Dealer at MountGuys.com

I now have a Garmin Streetpilot 2730 with the XM Traffic Nav and it's tits. I didn't get the bluetooth I just run a 3.5mm set of ear buds. I'm using a Touratech mount. It's a Beemer thing. Very expensive but very nice. Has a dock for the XM puck and a dock for the Garmin power cord plus it locks on with a tumbler key and it has suspension so it's shakeproof.

www.touratech.com

Dave, I guess that means that they moved my "Accessory Showpiece" to the showroom floor...that is good to hear, as far as mailing you the 550.......good to see you are in a humorous mood.

Dennis

99 dtg Dubai
100 dtg Home

I have a few nickels saved up and I would like add GPS. There are 3 different Zumo models that I am aware of:

450 $549.99
550 $669.99
660 $799.99

Any experience with the Tomtom?

Curious what you Captains think of these different models. Does the extra $250 for the 660 do me a lot of good?

I would like to use this in my vehicle as well and it looks like the 550 comes with some added hardware for both. I am not 'plugged in' on blue tooth and chatterbox and what they do, but I gather that I would need those if I wish to hear directions from the GPS right?

Hola Bill,

I have the 550 and I am pleased with it. Can't believe the price hasn't come down since I got mine November 07 ($636)

The 550 is marginally cheaper than the price you quoted at Amazon plus no sales tax to add.

Factor in that it comes with a motorcyle mount and also a car mount so you can use it when travelling for work

Or if funds are tight you can perhaps get a non waterproof one and waterproof it yourself

with you being a rubber salesman and all:D

Hope to see you in MV

Best regards

Tony

Back