I've already had a red flasher on my beenie. What's so special? Or maybe it was yellow, or a twirly blade. I'm going to put a twirling boat prop on the back of my beast.:D

What's the specs.

The Sylvania Silverstars have clearly BEST directed the candlepower through-out the area viewing interest. I get better than 170 degree white light in pitch dark with trees at the drop off and the hill sides. Bright white will enable color and with these $40 Silverstars there are green trees lining the motorway. Double that for PIAA Extremes and get maybe 1500 to 2K brighter temps. Could be worth it to some.

Last edited:
I have found the new LEDs that are on the market are by far brighter and produce a excellent pattern. If you check eBay, stay to the bulbs with a minimum of 32 watt, 3000 lumens. Knock your socks off for $20 a bulb.

I have found the new LEDs that are on the market are by far brighter and produce a excellent pattern. If you check eBay, stay to the bulbs with a minimum of 32 watt, 3000 lumens. Knock your socks off for $20 a bulb.

You do realize you are responding to a post that is almost nine years old right? :whitstling: You sir are to be commended on your use of the search function. Wish more new guys had your patience and persistence. :thumbsup:

I thought the same thing Tex as I was reading through the thread, but I found his information very useful. He was definitely more successful than I have been using the search function (though I do always try to go that route first).

I purchased them (the blue tint ones) and wish I had something brighter. There is quite a few comments on other choices within the threads here so I would suggest some homework before you purchase. I'm not convienced I made the best choice, although "price" is something I based this decision on. Cheap is not going ot get you what you expect.

I'm really puzzled as to the difference in the beam focus (trajectory) between low & high beam. If you set the angle to put the "high" beams where you need them for night driving on the highway, that puts the low beam about 20 to 30 feet in front of the bike. Not enough viewing distance if you ask me. If you adjust for low beam comfort (50 to 75 feet out), high beams have you looking for coons in the tree tops.

Not sure if this is the nature of the new bulbs or not. Don't recall how the stock bulbs were but thinking about the same as far as trijectory matters.

What's to loose is: going through the motions of changing out the bulbs & not being happy with the subtle change of brilliancy. My input (and experience) only.

Good luck.

this is the same as what i had with replacing bulbs the low beam was 20 feet it front of the front tire. if i had to dim lights i would have to slow to 20 mph.
went with one of the later hd daymaker.(had a mismatch of the lights. now i can see.
the best $400 i have spent:)

You do realize you are responding to a post that is almost nine years old right? :whitstling: You sir are to be commended on your use of the search function. Wish more new guys had your patience and persistence. :thumbsup:
. Wow. I guess checking through the forum early in the morning before coffee is kinda stupid....

Last edited:
Back