Windshield Alternative

Thanks,
Looks like it would work with the oem fixing kit also?
At 6' 5" I might need a slightly taller one and they list several heights.
I want to add a Fly Screen also for local rides and then have a windshield for highway and cooler weather.
Looks like just 4 bolts to change.

Rick

You may want his Giant XL Flyscreen then that the same Mr Gill sells on his eBay site
toyota6510
GBP 110.00
Approximately AU $195.95
Approximately US $146.16

Looks like he wont sell to USA via eBay but others have contacted him and arranged sale to US address before like @1olbull

information please call or text 07885722181

or email me for details davidx90@hotmail.co.uk

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp fly screen XL | eBay

Wow windshields for motorcycles what will they think of next? Maybe heat and air? Better yet maybe a few cup holders and a place for your cell phone. The list could go on forever. Sarcasm at its best. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Do like the little fly screen. Ain't worth a $rap but looks cool IMG_0507.JPG :x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3:

Wow windshields for motorcycles what will they think of next? Maybe heat and air? Better yet maybe a few cup holders and a place for your cell phone. The list could go on forever. Sarcasm at its best. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Do like the little fly screen. Ain't worth a $rap but looks cool IMG_0507.JPG :x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3:
I even read in a magazine that someone sells a device that will play music when fitted on a motorbike, yuppies are us.:D

Thanks, I wanted something smaller that used the four fixing kit bolts. I run a flyscreen 90% of the time and wanted an easy swap for longer trips.

FYI, I also used his flyscreen black bolt kit: Black Chrome Steel Fly Screen Bolts (set of 4) - Rocke's Patches

I did buy his fixing kit but I’m still running the Triumph versions for now.
There’s a couple extra parts I didn’t include in my first post. I sandwiched neoprene washers between the shield and brackets. I also used black 3m double sided foam tape on the corner bend of the brackets. This area contacts the shield and I didn’t want it to rattle.

The hardest part was getting the brackets exactly square before drilling.

Rick[/QUOTE]
Thanks,
Looks like it would work with the oem fixing kit also?
At 6' 5" I might need a slightly taller one and they list several heights.
I want to add a Fly Screen also for local rides and then have a windshield for highway and cooler weather.
Looks like just 4 bolts to change.

Rick

I currently have it mounted to the Triumph fixing kit. I would not use the stock flyscreen brackets as the angle is too laid back towards the rider. The V2 brackets follow the rake of forks, which is much better for pushing wind over the rider.

For reference, I’m using the 18” version as I’m 5’9” and shrinking:(. The color is dark gray. Here’s what madstad says about figuring out windshield height:

“Size and Color
While the MadStad windshield systems are fully adjustable, we recommend starting with the appropriate shield size relative to rider height. Your inseam is a factor so it would be best to take a measurement as described below this chart:

RIDER HEIGHT SHIELD SIZE
5'8" to 5'10" (173 - 178 cm) 18" (45 cm)
5'11" to 6'1" (180 - 185 cm) 20" (50 cm)
6'2" and taller (188+ cm) 22" (55 cm)

HOW TO MEASURE: Sit on the bike in riding position and have a friend hold a tape measure starting at the top of one of the headlights, and angled back a bit like the windshield would be (about the same angle as the forks). Look straight ahead and estimate about where your chin level is on the tape measure, and whatever that number is, that's the windshield size you should order. If you estimate an odd number, round down 1 inch. For example, if you estimate that your chin level is at about the 18" or 19" level on the tape measure, then order the18" windshield.”

I even read in a magazine that someone sells a device that will play music when fitted on a motorbike, yuppies are us.:D

Oh you two! I never cared for windshields but after having one on my Tiger I saw the benefits on long rides. I made this one for touring but use the flyscreen for everything else. However, music via Bluetooth earbuds is a must at all times.

Oh you two! I never cared for windshields but after having one on my Tiger I saw the benefits on long rides. I made this one for touring but use the flyscreen for everything else. However, music via Bluetooth earbuds is a must at all times.

They are boys just trying to be manly! :p :roll:
My richard is bigger than your richard and all that . . . :p :roll:
I do LONG rides, but I have found the XL Fly to be enough to save my bad neck from wearing a helmet. :thumbsup:

Back