Windshield Alternative

Hec4sc

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
Last edited:
Looks Great. How does it ride? Do tell.

I didn’t have time for a ride today. I bought an 18” shield so the edge is level with my chin. Hopefully, I chose the correct length. Fortunately, I only have about $170 in parts invested.

If you need to know how the air is flowing around it you can tape 8 inch pieces of yarn around it.

I found on my touring windscreen that adding an xscreen made all the difference.

If you need to know how the air is flowing around it you can tape 8 inch pieces of yarn around it.

I found on my touring windscreen that adding an xscreen made all the difference.

Hey Billy, what's the info for the "Xscreen?" I'm always looking for ways to kick the air higher over my head and that looks great also.

I didn’t want to pay full pop for a windshield design I really didn’t care for, so I made my own. I used Rockes V2 brackets and a Madstad shield (undrilled) for a Tiger Explorer and ended up with this:

A windshield design I don't hate! I will, in all likely hood, be using this setup. Thanks for posting the parts and pics!

Back