Wild Looking Victory

Vision or not

The www.gl1800riders.com board has been discussing this for a few days now and overall they/I are/am not too impressed. On the spec sheet side of things there are a lot of "To be announced" items. I would particularly like to see engine size, hp and torque figures at a minimum. The storage looks weird to say the least, the trunk and sidebags are designed so "extreme" it might hold a lot of "cubic inches" of water but how much realistic space is there in them. It looks like Kawasaki's Drifter got raped by a Kawasaki Voyager and Suzuki Calvacade without the useable luggage.
The Gold Wing guys will probably like the "optional" electric windshield, but to me, once I set the height of the windshield I, well, I haven't touched it since I first adjusted the first day I brought it home.
The audio system is another question mark and it has "optional" GPS but after all the flack that Honda took for their GPS system, this one will probably be less than desirable for the "power gps users".
The seat height at first looks great, but not sure how that "cruising" type height will be good for long days in the saddle. Tires appear to be the same size as the Gold Wing. And then there is the engine, thought HD put this type engine to bed long time ago and belt drive, not sure Harley is going to be fazed by this too much either other than it will really make the HD engine design and layout more dated than it already is. If HD ever comes out with their V4 water cooled engine, this Vision could be history real quick.

But a lot of Victory customers are happy customers, just hope they'll be happy about a probable $25,000 plus price on this tourer. At least it may prod Honda, HD, BMW and Yamaha to update their current touring offering sooner.
Dennis

victory

Right on Paul..So ugly should help them out of business. Shaking gutless v twin for How much???????????

busa

Hey Paul.Thanks but that paint is one busa. Helped confuze the cops..LOL Turn around go other way on the other side of the interstate .there sooo confuzzzedd

Back