Wild Looking Victory

Sweet

I wish I thought of that 20 years ago when I played tag with the cops on my 86 Fazer> the cleverest thing I did was hook a toggle to my lights so I could pass them before they could see me at night.

paint

Yo Paul: Just got a really dumb idea talking about the busa paint. Since i really like your color with the small flake ,and iam really board,how about doing the rocket the same.Dare me dare me. Then u have two rockets.Dare my Dare me. Jack I have to grow old but i dont have to grow up.

Not for me

I think they would be right at home if Spielburg and Lucas do Star Wars #43, Attack of the Ugly Ass Motorcycles..........

Right on Paul..So ugly should help them out of business. Shaking gutless v twin for How much???????????

I have to disagree with you on a couple of points and agree with you on one. I agree that the Vision is ugly. Come to think of it, the old Yamaha Vision was ugly too (remember that one??).

Polaris isn't going anywhere. Motorcycles are a very small part of what Polaris Industries builds. The motorcycle division got of too a rocky start but they are starting to build their reputation now as well as a customer base. If you compared Triumph, LTD to Polaris Industries, you'd find that Triumph is small compared to them. Polaris Motorcycles are built in Wisconsin, USA. Right here in patriotic America. They aren't going anywhere, just trying uncharted ground, that's all.

They aren't a shaking gutless V twin either. For one thing, they don't shake. Just like your R3 and mine, they have an internal balancer shaft to cancel the shake. If your R3 didn't have an internal balancer, you'd be riding in a blizzard of nuts and bolts just like the old Meriden Triumphs. They aren't gutless either. They will still take any HD on and win.
They aren't an R3, but then your R3 isn't a Busa either. Compare apples to apples not apples to bananas. I've ridden Victory's. One of my riding friends has a KingPin and it's a nice handling bike and more of a profiler than the R3 in stock form. While the Victory isn't my choice of mounts, I don't bash any bike. Different strokes for different folks. Look at the Rune. Tha's ugly too, in some folks eyes.

Are we too conservative?

just trying uncharted ground, that's all

I's submit Victory's effort is a laudable one. To quote Greg Laskin, Production Manager:
"We don't think that a motorcycle should look twenty or thirty years old because it's made in America" . ;)

Incidentally, with regards to the much-debated bags (capacity, functionality, etc.), Greg Brew, Polaris Chief Designer (an Aprilia recruit... and it shows on the Vision ) answers back: "We wanted bags that don't look like suitcases". :)

I personally like that assertiveness... that audacity ("to be annouced" engine and other specs :confused: notwithstanding) . Jamie

Victory

I like the Victory Hammer. It was one of my 4 choices when I was first considering a bike.

1. Suzuki M109 Almost got!
2. Was the Yamaha Worrier / didn’t like it was air cooled. (Texas)
3. Victory (jackpot or Hammer) to expensive

I almost got the Suzuki M109 until Rick a friend in MI. told me to look at the Rocket, That’s all it took now I'm Rocketing forward.

Back