Wild Looking Victory

When I first saw the Rocket 3 some 14 months ago, it didn't make my list of possible bikes. I was looking for more traditional looking bike designs and thought the Rocket with it's high mounted gas tank looked like a pregnant alien. The impressive torque and HP kept it in the back of my mind, so much so I started telling myself "it" didn't look so bad. Yes, I fell in love with its power first and the rest is history.

Victory has a following and is backed by a highly successful company, Polaris. I wouldn't own a Victory much less the "grasshopper" but I give them an "A" for effort.

Victory is a well respected line and I'm surprised how many I see on the roads.

....still it looks fugly.:D

Name that Rune Tune.....

I'm not real sure about this, but the guy who has the Victory I ride with at work told me today that Honda upped the displacement game on Triumph. The '07 Rune is now 2800cc.. I wonder if Triumph will take the R3 to an R4 and make it an even 3 liters?

I'd have to believe that if they (Triumph) went to 3 liters they'd have to add a jug. I think the volumetric efficiency of that large a bore on 3 holes wouldn't be very good and if they increased the stroke to get it, You'd never get much rpm's. That's a lot of mass travelling a long way. It would be like a diesel, low rpm and gobs of torque but not a lot of horsepower.

Honestly, I didn't know Honda sold any Runes. They are homely and I've never seen one on the road. Maybe Runes are like Rockets. Good sellers "somewhere", just not where I am.

Polaris

Flip; Your right if it wasen't for Polaris (industries)the bike would go under. I almost bought a Victory when they were priced starting at 13000 now their more than harleys.Good old American GREED.Yes they can out run stock hardlys, so can my honda civic.When the american public gets over its love affair with the V twin mabey we will get some advances in motorcycle engines. Why do hardleys sound like they do? Poor engine design. I had a custom with a S&S 107 with a EMC blower.Biggest piece of crap ever. Would walk sideways across the driveway at idle. Arlin Mess my ass.Do u think the rocket has as much profit in it as a Victory.Good old american GREED.Example Ford motors laying off 38000 people because they made 40 bucks an hour to screw wheels on a car.Greedy americans. Sorry to be venting but i spent so much on 3 Hardleys i had and still never got what i wanted.I have less in the rocket than i had in 1 hardleys B.O.S.S.(bolt on shiney ****). Just lessions i've learned over the years. Way of life my ass.Rich urban bikers.Bikers my ass,real bikers can fix their own bikes. Now they have to have there assys.put on by the dealer.Helpless greedy americans.Sorry guys but iam just not very proud of my country right now.God helps those that help themselves. Now wheres my meds...P.S. spelling is overated. Jack

I'm not being judgmental

BusaJack:

I made a promise to myself and someone else here that I'd not get into spelling or punctuation so my motto is..."As long as I can figure out what message you are trying to convey, that's good enough even if a third grader can do better".

I too, can be dyslexic just like everyone else. My country is going downhill. Your post proves that.:D

ahha

Gee: 300 views and no rebuttal to my post,just about my spelling,guess i got my point across. Who painted your bike jamie,how about yours flip.I work with my hands not a key board and my mouth. Love Jack

'Da Love Boat....

Gee: 300 views and no rebuttal to my post,just about my spelling,guess i got my point across. Who painted your bike jamie,how about yours flip.I work with my hands not a key board and my mouth. Love Jack

Well Jack, I can't speak for Jamie but I for one work with my hands everyday.

I could be retired and I'm eligible for that but I choose not to. I have my Journeyman's Card in Tool & Die Making but long ago I decided not to work in that profession but instead to drive a tractor trailer and farm because I prefer to be outdoors instead of being cooped up in a factory. That never stopped my desire to dabble in the machine tool trade however. I own a custom machine and fabricating shop where I work on jobs that I want to do rather than jobs I am assigned to do. Right now I'm doing custom internal engine work for a well known drag racer. I also restore South Bend Lathes, machine and assemble live steam engines for personal satisfaction. My employer also uses me as a sub contractor to maintain their roll-off trailers and the scrap boxes, all which require custom welding and fabrication of heavy parts. In the summer months, my partner, wife and I grow maintain and harvest over 150 acres of prime alfalfa/timothy hay which we sell to hay brokers and locally as well as use in my partners feedlot operation.

My average work week is in the excess of 60 hours not including the farm or my shop. Being on this computer and this website allows me time to interact with others that enjoy the same bikes I do. Computers and the interaction therein are but a very small part of my life and constitute very little time spent.

At 57, I have no intention, barring illness, to have any more idle time or become a keyboard junkie.

I did rebutt your post, not blatantly, but discretely.:)

You obviously have more idle time on your hands than I do. What's your point??

Love......Flip

Busajack, take a ride, step away from the computer

Not sure what is ailing Busajack, but I, for one, don't think my country is going downhill. Maybe it is because I have been away from it a lot in the last 4 years or so, but every time I come home I appreciate my wife, my two sons, my home, my cats and when I feel like it getting on my Gold Wing (or the new Triumph Rocket I will have in about two or so months), starting 'er up and riding to where ever I feel like. Going to whatever store I want to buy something at. To go to anyone of several motorcycle shops in Pensacola or Gulf Shores, Ft. Walton Beach, Jacksonville...wherever and have the ability to buy something special or just ordinary for my ride. To associate with some mighty fine people who do and don't ride. To go to whatever restaurant I want and be able to order whatever type of food I want (though I have noticed a shortage of good steak houses that carry a good NY Strip steak), to travel anywhere in this country without worrying about being shot at, hijacked, kidnapped, killed as a normal everyday occurrence.
Some of you guys who are so bitter need to step away from whatever you are doing and smell the roses...so to speak. Get on your Rocket and enjoy your life...there are so many in other countries who don't have the opportunity that we do, and we complain about a lot of little things. Save your grief or rage for something that warrants it but go out and enjoy your life...it's the only one you got.
Dennis

Last edited:
Back