What size tire will fit inside the stock touring 2014 fender

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
I am new to owning a R3. Thanks to this site and my reading I have learned a lot in a short amount of time. One of the things I wanted to do with my Road glide was to put a 180 tire up front to match the rear. While the tire will fit in between the forks of the big HD a fender could not be mounted....

Moving on to the R3. I have noticed that the forks are plenty wide so mounting the tire should not be a problem. However how big of a tire will fit inside the stock fender.

Thank you for your help.

NORM

Going to a wider front tire will make the steering heavier feeling IMO most go smaller a 140 or 130 which makes the bike turn easier especially at slower speeds.

Going to a wider front tire will make the steering heavier feeling IMO most go smaller a 140 or 130 which makes the bike turn easier especially at slower speeds.

I would like to know what would fit. I had a 140 on my Harley. The R3 has a 150. I enjoy the feel. Could someone tell me what will fit?

Do you also plan on replacing the wheel? A wider tire may not work on the stock wheel.

I doubt you'll get many answers here. In the 8 years I've been here I don't recall anyone trying to mount a wider tire up front.

Do you also plan on replacing the wheel? A wider tire may not work on the stock wheel.

I doubt you'll get many answers here. In the 8 years I've been here I don't recall anyone trying to mount a wider tire up front.

I was not planning on it. How wide is the front wheel? I think it was a 3" wheel on the front of the Harley. The 150 that comes stock on the R3 is a nice looking tire. I'm just curious to know what would fit.

IDK, but I run a 200 on the rear
I'll run a Yokohama Envigor 205/60 16 on the back once the stock metzler is burnt down. Since a 180 will fit between the forks up front I've gotta try it when the time comes. There are soooo many cool things I want to do to this bike. I need to slow my mind down and enjoy the ride. :)

I'll run a Yokohama Envigor 205/60 16 on the back once the stock metzler is burnt down. Since a 180 will fit between the forks up front I've gotta try it when the time comes. There are soooo many cool things I want to do to this bike. I need to slow my mind down and enjoy the ride. :)

Geez, @BigNorm
If'n you're gonna run a car tire on the rear, why do you care about the front?
. . . unless of course you're going with a car tire on the front as well.

Personally, I have seen no MC front tires larger than a 150 size.
To be honest, I disagree that this one of the, "many cool things" you speak of.

Geez, @BigNorm
If'n you're gonna run a car tire on the rear, why do you care about the front?
. . . unless of course you're going with a car tire on the front as well.

Personally, I have seen no MC front tires larger than a 150 size.
To be honest, I disagree that this one of the, "many cool things" you speak of.

Back