What has Triumph done to lower power in tour compared to classic?

Terminater

.060 Over
Hello,
I have a classic, and I am looking at a tour model now. I would like to know what triumph has done to decrease the power output?
Is it a tune?
Is it internal motor?
What can you do to restore the fun power?

Hello,
I have a classic, and I am looking at a tour model now. I would like to know what triumph has done to decrease the power output?
Is it a tune?
Is it internal motor?
What can you do to restore the fun power?

Put in a Carpenter 240 kit :evil:

It depends on what kind of racing. If you want to go fast its HP. If you want to get to fast, fast, torque is what you want.

I like the.38 mpg I am getting. Put the tune kit in and ues, more omph, but you sacrifice mileage on trips....touring. IMHO

The Carpenter 240 kitted motor will yield 40+ mpg provided that you don't twist the funwick too often or too hard. The mechanical upgrade components of the kit provide a far more efficient running machine over stock!;)

I thought they increased the power output(more torque) and decxreased the HP.
Now are you racing then you want the HP or are you cruising then you want more torque, question questions questions:D

That's correct. The R3T has less hp, but it bit more torque than the Standard or Classic. The Roadster has more of both. I've ridden the Standard and Classic plenty and owned a R3T and, Frankly, there really isn't that much difference in them. Every one of them will pretty much slaughter anything on the road through the gears. After that, pretty much any ****** rocket will slaughter them.

Back