Have you tried to loosen the bar clamp and rotate either toward you for a lower grip or away for a higher wrist position. I have adjusted both my Rocketiii and my America in this fashion along with risers and a bar swap on my Rocketiii. Just sit in the saddle and see if either adjustment solves the issue. I tend to like my wrists as straight as possible between hand and forearm. Good Luck
I tried all that myself, there's no way around the weird wrist angle, I can't believe that they decided to put that into production. The problem is the extreme length of the bike, Tourings are even longer than regular Rockets. I'm sure they decided that risers or unusual shaped bars would increase costs, the cheapest solution was just to bend the ends back so you could reach them.

Have you tried to loosen the bar clamp and rotate either toward you for a lower grip or away for a higher wrist position. I have adjusted both my Rocketiii and my America in this fashion along with risers and a bar swap on my Rocketiii. Just sit in the saddle and see if either adjustment solves the issue. I tend to like my wrists as straight as possible between hand and forearm. Good Luck
Thank you for the hints! I did try all that but the change on the wrist angle is minimal.

Quick update on the quest for bars.
I've checked out some stock HD bars, (2017 Street Glide, 2011 Road Glide, 2008 Fat Boy and 2014 Road King), none were doing it for me. Between rise, width and pullback, nothing felt right. There are countless option online but I can't pull the trigger on a custom bar ($$$) without getting a feel for it first.
Has anyone tried fabricating some sort of mock-up bars out of pex pipe (or some malleable plastic pipe)? I am thinking of having something like that done, find the "perfect" dimensions and angles, and then order something online that matches my measurements.

That sounds like a great idea.......but search the database as i thought someone??? @1olbull might have posted calculations of known bars?

Attachments

• 69974937086__74314AA6-75DC-47B6-AB95-88A059CF2A54.jpeg
    69974937086__74314AA6-75DC-47B6-AB95-88A059CF2A54.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9497.jpeg
    IMG_9497.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9496.jpeg
    IMG_9496.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 32
soooo.... I just pulled the trigger on the Khrome Werks 300211. Found them for $166CAD (that's roughly $124USD) new on Amazon!
now I am on the hunt for grips. I am thinking Avon. I used to have Kuryakyn on other bikes but I am hearing good things about Avon as well. A lot of cheap knock-offs around but I don't want to mess around with that.

soooo.... I just pulled the trigger on the Khrome Werks 300211. Found them for $166CAD (that's roughly $124USD) new on Amazon!
now I am on the hunt for grips. I am thinking Avon. I used to have Kuryakyn on other bikes but I am hearing good things about Avon as well. A lot of cheap knock-offs around but I don't want to mess around with that.
I bought kuryakyn once never again I’ll stick to the cheap knock offs literally the same quality

Back