Well that was a wasted afternoon!..Riser Install.

Not sure what that is but I installed bleedable banjo bolts on the master cylinders on both my VStrom DL1000 and DL650 and they are great. Tape the brake lever to the handlebar overnight, crack the banjo in morning and any air in the brake line is purged. I get them from SV Racing in Bellingham.

I'm trying to find if anyone makes them for the Rockets and and of course if they one of those common banjos. I just have to learn the size/thread and perhaps if it is common to the ones supplied by SV Racing

Sounds like a plan. According to the parts breakout the banjo bolt is an M10 X 20 mm. It looks like the one @Claviger is showing would work.

M10x1.25 Banjo for the Rocket.

I linked one above that will fit :p

I'll order one as it's worth a try. It sound like any air in the line will rise to the top according to @Navigator. He didn't say what he specifically did the next day after he opened the valve. Do you release the lever while the valve is open? Do you need to squeeze the lever? I expect he will chime in with more specifics.

You just bleed as normal. Pull lever, hold, crack valve, close valve after air bleeds out. Repeat as necessary until you’ve a firm lever feel.

Or cheat

Use a vacuum bleeder :)

Thanks...I did buy a vacuum bleeder and parts have been ordered. We'll see how it pans out when they get here.

I fabricated one of these cable guides today out of some 5/32 stainless rod. I had something very similar on my Valkyrie that the cables rode in. They worked really well and they gave the cable some room to move around with out binding. It should work well if I bring that brake line behind the tree.

I figured I could drill and tap a hole on the flat located on the inside of the top tree and mount it with a 10-32 button head screw. They can be flexed enough to put the cable inside. I may make the loop a little bigger next time, but at least I know I can make them and they won't look like crap.

Attachments

• 20180802_144451.jpg
    20180802_144451.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180802_144518.jpg
    20180802_144518.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 0
I took the second route, ordered an Allstar 50100 adaptor, a black 3an 10mm banjo fitting with 10mm black banjo bolt and 30" 3an to 3an black braided line.

Will post results.

You fitting risers...I ask because I know you like to ride hard. Will this straighter upright position suit you...just wondering?

I’ve found the solution for all with abs:
FD9FCF2E-75F3-4227-A822-64C3B822FD3F.jpeg
Single Banjo Bolt with Bleed Screw, 10mm x 1.25 Thread - Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

Install the 3an to 3/16 fitting to the top hardline, Remove the BS triumph original. Install the 10mm to 3an banjo fitting with this banjo bolt. Install the 30” 3an line between the two 3an fittings.

Will report back :p

Would be good to post annotated either photo of the bike or page from the manual showing where you are talking about what.

Seems to be a big hassle on the ABS bikes. My 2010 just needed to reroute the clutch next to the triple tree (though I picked up new custom cables a while later to route them properly.)

You fitting risers...I ask because I know you like to ride hard. Will this straighter upright position suit you...just wondering?

2 inches back isn't that big a difference, on a Touring you don't really lean forward anyway without them, you're just in just so much forward lean that it gets annoying and you feel a little perched over the tank. 2 inches back for me at least was perfect, could straighten the back and let my arms relax and hang down and forward at an angle I'm comfy in for... well, the record is 27 hours.

Back