Well that was a wasted afternoon!..Riser Install.

Discussion in 'Rocket III Touring Forum' started by Bedifferent, Jul 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Joesmoe

JoesmoeIMOKUR2 Staff Member

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
    I too found handling improved with the revised bar position.

Good on you, and thank you for sharing.

Bedifferent likes this.
  2. barbagris

barbagrisMad Scientist

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    On the verge of insanity : Madrid - Spain
    Ride:
    2009 R3-Standard - 1979 Guzzi V1000G5
    What surprises me is how much this surprises other folk.

Sorting out riding position and comfort is one of the first things I do. It's not that the bike handles better (I honestly doubt that centre of mass is the issue here) - it's that you are not fighting to sit correctly all the time. So muscles can do what you really want them to.

Joesmoe and Bedifferent like this.
  3. Claviger

ClavigerHP Junkie extraordinaire

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
    I feel it a combination of things, comfort being one, but don’t discount what moving the weight backwards will do for low speed handling.

The rocket being only slightly rear weight biased, the rider position truly shifts the CG a ton. Compared to many other bikes this is different. Sport bikes have a massive forward bias, most cruisers a massive rearward boas.

By leaning yourself rearwards a few degrees you’re unloading the front tire, making it easier to move and essentially placing the CG directly under your butt pucker muscle, in line with your spine.

This should provide a very intuitive feel for what the bike is doing since both your head and the CG are almost in perfect alignment. Intuitive understanding = rider confidence = not just more comfort but more confidence making things “easier” because it feels natural.

As with all things R3, I’m generally an outlier and like my forward weight bias, I like sliding the rear of the bike around under me hard on the brakes, and I like being able to throw it at a corner with reckless abandon knowing it’ll stick.

Different tools for different jobs :p

PS: I should qualify I did RAA on a sportbike so my idea of “comfortable” is somewhat masochistic:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice