Well that was a wasted afternoon!..Riser Install.

I too found handling improved with the revised bar position.
What surprises me is how much this surprises other folk.

Sorting out riding position and comfort is one of the first things I do. It's not that the bike handles better (I honestly doubt that centre of mass is the issue here) - it's that you are not fighting to sit correctly all the time. So muscles can do what you really want them to.

I feel it a combination of things, comfort being one, but don’t discount what moving the weight backwards will do for low speed handling.

The rocket being only slightly rear weight biased, the rider position truly shifts the CG a ton. Compared to many other bikes this is different. Sport bikes have a massive forward bias, most cruisers a massive rearward boas.

By leaning yourself rearwards a few degrees you’re unloading the front tire, making it easier to move and essentially placing the CG directly under your butt pucker muscle, in line with your spine.

This should provide a very intuitive feel for what the bike is doing since both your head and the CG are almost in perfect alignment. Intuitive understanding = rider confidence = not just more comfort but more confidence making things “easier” because it feels natural.

As with all things R3, I’m generally an outlier and like my forward weight bias, I like sliding the rear of the bike around under me hard on the brakes, and I like being able to throw it at a corner with reckless abandon knowing it’ll stick.

Different tools for different jobs :p

PS: I should qualify I did RAA on a sportbike so my idea of “comfortable” is somewhat masochistic:)

I had trouble mounting my Rivco risers on an 08 R3T. They sent me the wrong blocks TWICE. The first time I didn't notice, so I had everything taken apart before I noticed that I simply could not mount the risers as they were NOT the Touring units. Once I got the right ones, no troubles at all. NOTHING should have to be disassembled on the Touring bars to mount the risers.

Double check you got the right ones. They should be a gently curving piece, not a block.
Are the rivcos the only ones that work? I want zero pullback, just 2 inches higher. Can't I just use 2inch extenders at the base?

Back