Well that was a wasted afternoon!..Riser Install.

20180804_153943.jpg

Well maybe not quite 1.5 inches but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bedifferent Sorry that I'm late for the show on this thread. I had the same issue with my 13 with ABS. I just loosened the master cylinder and slid it about 1.5 inches away from the grip. Gives you enough slack in the hose so ya don't have to do anything else.

Turns out that I like it better there anyway. Puts the crook in the lever directly where my index finger goes when I grab it.

Sounds like a plan and thanks. Unfortunately that would require a TOTAL redo of my Brakeaway throttle lock putting it out of reach. Something I am unwilling to do.

The plan is to move the line behind or if I don't like that, I will do what @Claviger suggests. I'm just waiting on his vetting the thread situation on one fitting. I got the banjo bolt with a bleeder today and my vacuum bleeder yesterday. Waiting on a few more things. I may even finally put my Ramair on when I raise the tank..

Hey it wasn't a complete waste of time, you got me off my ass to start figuring out the brake line extension thing once and for all.

Additionally, for anyone wanting to change out the master cylinder to something more potent, on the Roadster the right controls and mastercylinder are a single unit, vice two separate items like on the Touring. This find allows me to move forward with another mod I was working through how to do :p

So... while you did some work twice, it was at least helpful to me, thanks :)

Sounds like a plan and thanks. Unfortunately that would require a TOTAL redo of my Brakeaway throttle lock putting it out of reach. Something I am unwilling to do.

The plan is to move the line behind or if I don't like that, I will do what @Claviger suggests. I'm just waiting on his vetting the thread situation on one fitting. I got the banjo bolt with a bleeder today and my vacuum bleeder yesterday. Waiting on a few more things. I may even finally put my Ramair on when I raise the tank..
@Bedifferent Just a thought after looking at mine there is a removable brace on the top triple tree of mine. Could you remove the brace and the center tin and sneak the whole mc through the gap between the neck and right fork tube? Looks like it would fit on mine. That way the line would be behind the top triple tree and you wouldn't have to disconnect anything to get it there. Providing yours is the same butt of course.

So I thought this would be a good day to install my Rivco Risers on my 2015 R3T ABS. Not!!
I get everything removed and the risers installed and set the handlebars in the risers (not without difficulty). That is where things came to a screeching halt.

I can tell you there isn't any way the bars will set down on the risers and be located in a riding position because the hydraulic brake line is too short. The only way I see it working is if you remove the banjo fitting from the master cylinder and relocate the line behind the handlebar yoke. That is going require a major brake line bleed. I had to tear it all back apart and return things back to the way it was when I started. An afternoon wasted and back to square one. :mad::banghead:

And what about the little red plastic piece attached around the lead ferrule on the lever end of the clutch cable? I had to destroy that to get the cable out of the lever. Is that critical?

Back