Well that was a wasted afternoon!..Riser Install.

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
So I thought this would be a good day to install my Rivco Risers on my 2015 R3T ABS. Not!!
I get everything removed and the risers installed and set the handlebars in the risers (not without difficulty). That is where things came to a screeching halt.

I can tell you there isn't any way the bars will set down on the risers and be located in a riding position because the hydraulic brake line is too short. The only way I see it working is if you remove the banjo fitting from the master cylinder and relocate the line behind the handlebar yoke. That is going require a major brake line bleed. I had to tear it all back apart and return things back to the way it was when I started. An afternoon wasted and back to square one. :mad::banghead:

And what about the little red plastic piece attached around the lead ferrule on the lever end of the clutch cable? I had to destroy that to get the cable out of the lever. Is that critical?

I just undid the brake line from half way down the forks and then zippy tied the line hangs loose away from forks but give enough slack i have risers with t'bars.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I am sure others with ABS have done the riser swap and they will chime in soon. Come to think of it I believe @WildBill 's 13 R3T has ABS and we didn't have to do anything to the brake lines to get the risers mounted and then some have had to move the block, strange things going on at Hinckley, maybe they have a descendent of Lucas now doing brakes. ;)

bob

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I am sure others with ABS have done the riser swap and they will chime in soon. Come to think of it I believe @WildBill 's 13 R3T has ABS and we didn't have to do anything to the brake lines to get the risers mounted and then some have had to move the block, strange things going on at Hinckley, maybe they have a descendent of Lucas now doing brakes. ;)

bob

The line runs from the front brake master cylinder, behind the right front frame side cover and to a block under the gas tank. I didn't raise the tank to see if it could be moved it but from what I could see it looks like there was a solid line integrated into the block. It also looks like the line is a permanent fixture to the block. No way to extend it from what I see. The parts breakout shows solid line from the block going back to a very pricey $1,694.83 modulator.

I guess I'll have to raise the tank at some point and see what gives, but it appears my only option would be to unbolt the banjo and reroute the line behind the handlebar yoke. I'm sure I'll need a brake bleeder to get the air out of the lines.

Someone mentioned on here that Spiegler couldn't make an ABS brake line, now that I recall.

I'm pretty sure the only option with the ABS system would be to bring the line behind...if that can even be done. I was pretty disappointed I went through all that work and couldn't get it installed today.

The answer is move the line behind the top triple.

I think I've found an easy fix, and frankly, I'm shocked none of these companies have done it themselves.

Allstar Performance Steel Brake Line Adaptor Fitting -03 AN to 3/16" Brake Line - 2pk : 50100

and

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-657072

= 5" extension.

I'll test this out, ordering it now.

EDIT: Removed some bitterness.

More lengths available here:
Competition Brake Hose - Brake and Clutch Hose - Russell Performance Products

Alternatively you can buy a 3an 10mm banjo fitting, and the allstar 50100 and then just buy any length 3an to 3an braided line.

Last edited:
Back