Waterproof boot covers

I got taylor made to measure all leather motor cycle boots from Medal shoes in Melbourne in 1985. They've done about 230 thousand klm on several different bikes you just have to keep the leather dressing up to them and they will keep the water out for a couple a days riding in the rain much more than that and it starts soaking through. The older and more worn they get the more leather dressing they soak up. Pay good money for quality and things will last a long time.

Maybe I've just been lucky...but from my days of working outside in the mud I've always owned a pair of red wings. We keep them oiled and they are water proof. I figured all leather boots were?

In the winter, I've worn my butt ugly "MUCK" boots and they are AMAZING at keeping your feet warm and dry. The best part, when you get home - spray them off with a hose to clean them.... Did I mention how UGLY they are?

I looked up the chippewa lin up did not see your model what is it called
Men's Chippewa 27862 12" Black Rally American Made

I've gone threw a lot of boots in my time these are by far the most comfortable and easy to take off boot i've owned . I bought my pair in 2005 and i'm still wearing them now. Hit them with a good water repelant and they'll keep you nice and dry.I've abused them a lot and they bounce right back,the quailty is excellent. I saw them on E-bay for $199.99

I've gone threw a lot of boots in my time these are by far the most comfortable and easy to take off boot i've owned . I bought my pair in 2005 and i'm still wearing them now. Hit them with a good water repelant and they'll keep you nice and dry.I've abused them a lot and they bounce right back,the quailty is excellent. I saw them on E-bay for $199.99

size wise how do you order half a size bigger or dead on hate to send them back and wait
and pay custom twice or worse

I will get the boots but next to black rock from flipmeister for conditioning against rain there is hubbart shoe grease a very good conditioner that smell good too.
I use black rock on leathers and hubbart on shoes

I just am not understanding. There are SOOO many totally waterproof..and I mean WATERPROOF options out there!
Merrell, Patagonia..just to name two, offer easy on, easy off short boots that are 100% waterproof!
I used to go crazy about liners, covers, greasing my leather boots, etc. before road trips but that is all gone!
I must be missing something!

Maybe I've just been lucky...but from my days of working outside in the mud I've always owned a pair of red wings. We keep them oiled and they are water proof. I figured all leather boots were?

+1 I ride in Redwings lace up boots year round. Wet feet are never a problem. Wet a$$ because I forgot to repack rain gear has happened a couple of times but feet stay dry as a powder house. The only time I ever really use rain gear is in the winter. Getting caught in a summer rain storm can be a relief down here sometimes

Put your socks on, then plastic shopping bags, then boots. Worked for me riding around the UK in neverending rain:D Boots get wet but feet don't, oh and keep your toenails short;)
If you do it ALOT then you'll end up with trenchfoot as the plastic bags don't breathe. Years of UK commuting in the rain. It's why (partially) I left.

Look up SEALSKINZ.

I use Goretex high Alpine boots. I add mountaineering gaiters if it's REALLY foul. If you REALLY want top gaiters - Look up Berghaus Yeti Extreme. Just getting the buggers on your boots is enough to assure you that no water gets in.

Gave up on "bike" boots ages ago as they near crippled me if I had to do any walking. It was a PITA touring the Alps and having to change footwear just to get up footpaths to see something noteworthy.

Maybe I've just been lucky...but from my days of working outside in the mud I've always owned a pair of red wings.

+2, I keep looking at motorcycle boots, but I can't justify them, my Redwings seem like they are going to last forever.

I also have a pair of Redwings and they are fantastic. The reason I mentioned the Merrells and Patagonias is that they are so easy on and off. A front zipper on the Merrells and Velcro on the Patagonias. This really helps when it's time to put the rain pants on at the side of the road and you don't have to unlace the boots.

Back