Waterproof boot covers

Spartacus

.020 Over
Got caught in the rain and boots got soaked. Looking for recommendations for boot covers. Looking for something easy to store in bags with rain suit and not too expensive. Resarched Google and read many reviews. Common complaint is they tend to sag down to your ankles or are bulky and hard to store. How about heat resistance so they don't melt near ehhaust? What are some recommendations?

I have fought with boots condoms too many times to recommend any , I believe a pair of "waterproof " boots is a better way to deal with downpour and even then what is sold as waterproof boots in motorcycle shops is not always waterproof I mean ok for the quick ride through shower but long steady rain is generally finding its way through..
personally after trying many and spending too many dollars , I ride now with construction boots with steel toes and steel cap. they look ugly but they ARE WATERPROOF and strong and keep my tootsies warm in all kind of rain all I modified was adding one set of eyelets and filed away the one to the far side

the good and the not so good

Attachments

• DSCN2715.jpg
    DSCN2715.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 274
  • DSCN2716.jpg
    DSCN2716.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 171
Mate of mine crashed his Harley and his riding days are over. gave me some HD boot covers that llok pretty robust and easy to put on. Have half a sole so your heel is exposed. I haven't had to use them yet but I'll be packing them for the trip to Hervey Bay. Will post a pic after I'd finished my coffee.

I got a pair on Ebay and they work great. Your boot slides half way into them so the back half of the boot sole is not covered. Then they zip around the rest of the boot.

Here you go. Shame about the logo but they do look like they'd work. If you have wads of cash, just pop into your local HD dealer.

Attachments

• Benny and boots 005.jpg
    Benny and boots 005.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Benny and boots 006.jpg
    Benny and boots 006.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Benny and boots 008.jpg
    Benny and boots 008.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 136
I bought a pair of Aplinestar race boots which are waterproof. I had a choice of waterproof or non waterproof on the same boot. I chose waterproof but was scared that my feet would sweat in the summer time. It turns out that my feet was fine on the hot days. I have got caught in the rain on my Roadster and it seems to me the rain gets splashed directly where my feet is located. My work boots and feet was absolutely soaked when I got home. Never had that problem on my sport bike. I assume it has to do with the location of my feet to the bike.

ah men to that. I have boot covers and full rain gear including linemen gloves(rubber glove for electric work). catch the right storm and it don't matter what you have on. Also If you don't get wet you sweet to death.

when it starts to drip down your neck. at first it feels ok then your shirt starts getting wetter then it just don't matter

Back