Under Seat Storage Compartment

Ice

.020 Over
Ride
2019 HD Breakout and 2022 R3 GT 221
What tools do you carry in that small storage space under the seat for roadside repairs? What size wrenches are needed on the R3? I’m starting with a flat blade screwdriver, small metric hex set, 8mm wrench, tire pressure gage, spare 2032 fob battery, and an Apple AirTag.

Note: The key FOB requires a 1.5mm Allen head wrench to change the 2032 battery so ensure that it’s included in your metric hex set.

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• D7D3F7F7-18B8-4D6F-A348-99F3F860FB03.jpeg
    D7D3F7F7-18B8-4D6F-A348-99F3F860FB03.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 90A8B3DE-82EE-4D88-AF20-7C9A1E36A06F.jpeg
    90A8B3DE-82EE-4D88-AF20-7C9A1E36A06F.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 69643A5A-6ACE-4D38-9702-5C14DCD70724.jpeg
    69643A5A-6ACE-4D38-9702-5C14DCD70724.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
On the Roadster models with the air filter box, under the seat, converted to a storage compartment, I carry a flat repair kit complete with a mini compressor, tire pressure gauge, metric allen and torx wrench kits, bike specific metric spanners, spare bulbs, an emergency mini start up battery with led light (for long trips), spare fuses, screw drivers (flat/Phillips), 10 inch adjustable, several cable ties, several small jumper cables. Probably forgetting some stuff but this all fits in that hole. I have shoved a spare clutch cable in there also at times.

What tools do you carry in that small storage space under the seat for roadside repairs? What size wrenches are needed on the R3. I’m starting with a flat blade screwdriver, small adjustable wrench, and a tire pressure gage. Any other suggestions?
That’s pretty much all you’ll ever need. Only other thing I can think of is a Swiss Army knife and maybe some gum.

On the Roadster models with the air filter box, under the seat, converted to a storage compartment, I carry a flat repair kit complete with a mini compressor, tire pressure gauge, metric allen and torx wrench kits, bike specific metric spanners, spare bulbs, an emergency mini start up battery with led light (for long trips), spare fuses, screw drivers (flat/Phillips), 10 inch adjustable, several cable ties, several small jumper cables. Probably forgetting some stuff but this all fits in that hole. I have shoved a spare clutch cable in there also at times.
Came here searching for this and wasn’t disappointed. But I’m wondering, on a 2016, I don’t really see this storage compartment. Can you post a picture?

What tools do you carry in that small storage space under the seat for roadside repairs? What size wrenches are needed on the R3? I’m starting with a flat blade screwdriver, small metric hex set, 8mm wrench, tire pressure gage, spare 2032 fob battery, and an Apple AirTag.

Note: The key FOB requires a 1.5mm Allen head wrench to change the 2032 battery so ensure that it’s included in your metric hex set.

Any other suggestions?
I carry a whole lot more on road trips. The bike is loaded for a three day road trip, so I can show now but I probably have a lot of sizes not needed on the 3R/GT. It'd be nice to find a list somewhere of the tools needed so I can pair my kit down. Tire compressor and plugs are always with me though.

Back