My knees are bent quite a bit. That's true. I thought I would get lower back pain or shoulder pain on a long journey, but that hasn't actually been the case. I'll admit that i'm a bit surprised by that. It's one of those things where you have to try it out and see how things work out. We're all built slightly differently.
One thing I can add to my earlier comments, and that is, that I don't find the bike all that comfortable on long trips if I travel at higher speeds, as my torso is taking a lot of wind force and in that riding position, it's not good, hence the reason I would prefer handlebars somewhere between the R and GT. That would help some.
Well you do have long arms so ....pain in the lower back usually comes from the reach

Well you do have long arms so ....pain in the lower back usually comes from the reach
When I get lower back pain, it's due to poor posture which can be caused by a number of things. The angle that the pelvis is sitting in relation to your upper leg and torso is key.
I think one of the aspects that works in the Rocket's favor is the 'bucket' shape of the seat, because providing you sit well back in the seat, the shape of the seat supports your pelvis and in doing so, supports the lower back.
From there, it's all down to how far you are reaching forward in relation to the angle of the pelvis, and that is where the GT bars help a lot, compared the the R bars.
The downside is that you are not in a good position to brace against the wind when riding for extended times at high speed.

Back