Forced Air is very stessfull. IMO the turb spools up to fast and hits ths stock pistons to hard. There have been a few out there that have hasd good experience with the turbo. Captian C has the stage 2 boost is good kit on his now. He ran the stge one kit for a long time. Real nice bike. I think the key was the shop that did the install does turbos everyday on deisels. THey spent a lot od time getting the fueling map down. Now the supercharger spools up more linear but is very stressfull on the crankshaft nose. There has been many broken crankshafts over the last few years. I figure I am just lucky on mine. But I have had problems, wasted two pistons and liners the first time I had a problem.

I started with the TTS Kit and then intercooled it as the boost was above 1 bar and compressed air heats up quickly and can aid in detonation. But if you want my opinion between you typical forced air kit and say a good NA kit from Carpenter or Neville Lush (not sure on Nevs prices but I be they are competitive to Carpenter) The Na kit will most likely whip the Blower kits arse in the quarter mile. Here is why they have the same HP and the TTS set up might have a little more torque but close enough to compare. The real difference is as Less stated the rpm. while the TTS kit is going thru the quarter mile or lets say to 140 mph it uses all 5 gears. The NA kit or a kit with the higher rpm will be shifting into fourth gear at 140 mph. Just think how much quicker you would be not having to shift the other two gears. That could be up to a second off your time. Also the Forced Air set ups will have to use premium fuel while the Carpenter kit can run 87 octane. Premium is something I have to watch out for a gas up earlier if I suspect I will not find premium fuel. I also carry octane additive in case I can not find premium fuel. At least then I can still run the motor but stay out of the boost. I the Hot summer I use aditive with the premium just for safety sake. Also you should take into consideration as to who is going to work on this. I like TTS stuff and of course Nevs but the are acroos the planet and parts if you need them, take a while to get. Plus all the tax VAT stuff blows.

Like I stated the money is about the same so consideration should be made on the other things mentioned.

Now I have a little different mongrel in which I went Carpenter goodies after the Blower was added. The only reason I did this was to not throw 2k away selling the SC for 3200. (what used ones go for lately). Of course the power is just plain scary and more then I need for sure. I must admit I do like pushing the limits but now the limits are in the death zone :eek:

Be carefull what you choose with enough HP a concrete block will move quickly :D

Forced Air is very stessfull. IMO the turb spools up to fast and hits ths stock pistons to hard. There have been a few out there that have hasd good experience with the turbo. Captian C has the stage 2 boost is good kit on his now. He ran the stge one kit for a long time. Real nice bike. I think the key was the shop that did the install does turbos everyday on deisels. THey spent a lot od time getting the fueling map down. Now the supercharger spools up more linear but is very stressfull on the crankshaft nose. There has been many broken crankshafts over the last few years. I figure I am just lucky on mine. But I have had problems, wasted two pistons and liners the first time I had a problem.

I started with the TTS Kit and then intercooled it as the boost was above 1 bar and compressed air heats up quickly and can aid in detonation. But if you want my opinion between you typical forced air kit and say a good NA kit from Carpenter or Neville Lush (not sure on Nevs prices but I be they are competitive to Carpenter) The Na kit will most likely whip the Blower kits arse in the quarter mile. Here is why they have the same HP and the TTS set up might have a little more torque but close enough to compare. The real difference is as Less stated the rpm. while the TTS kit is going thru the quarter mile or lets say to 140 mph it uses all 5 gears. The NA kit or a kit with the higher rpm will be shifting into fourth gear at 140 mph. Just think how much quicker you would be not having to shift the other two gears. That could be up to a second off your time. Also the Forced Air set ups will have to use premium fuel while the Carpenter kit can run 87 octane. Premium is something I have to watch out for a gas up earlier if I suspect I will not find premium fuel. I also carry octane additive in case I can not find premium fuel. At least then I can still run the motor but stay out of the boost. I the Hot summer I use aditive with the premium just for safety sake. Also you should take into consideration as to who is going to work on this. I like TTS stuff and of course Nevs but the are acroos the planet and parts if you need them, take a while to get. Plus all the tax VAT stuff blows.

Like I stated the money is about the same so consideration should be made on the other things mentioned.

Now I have a little different mongrel in which I went Carpenter goodies after the Blower was added. The only reason I did this was to not throw 2k away selling the SC for 3200. (what used ones go for lately). Of course the power is just plain scary and more then I need for sure. I must admit I do like pushing the limits but now the limits are in the death zone :eek:

Be carefull what you choose with enough HP a concrete block will move quickly :D
So even a Stage 1 SC is going to be potently damaging, I only ask as I was under the impression that with the Supercharger bought the power on more gradually and only raised the compression and loaded the bottom end when the revs got up so if cruising it was not loading up the pressure where as a Hi Comp Pistons and Cams were giving more compression all the time and there for loading the bottom end all the time

So even a Stage 1 SC is going to be potently damaging, I only ask as I was under the impression that with the Supercharger bought the power on more gradually and only raised the compression and loaded the bottom end when the revs got up so if cruising it was not loading up the pressure where as a Hi Comp Pistons and Cams were giving more compression all the time and there for loading the bottom end all the time

Valid point Hans, The SC does supply boost at criusing speeds not max boos but still enough to simulate running higher compression pistons. One thing also is teh way the cams are set if your going stoc you might not be getting the best breathing application out of the pump. Throwing boost out the exhaust so to speak depending on the valve overlap. Driving the SC takes power and is more stressfull on the nose of the crank. This changes dependent on Pulley size smaller pulley's = more stress and higher boost at lower rpms plus limits engine rpm where as the SC has a max rpm of 100,000 it like calculating gear ratios driver over driven. and a 9.49:1 planetary drive ratio.

I am not trying to change his mind just pointing out things I have noticed over the last 32,000 miles I have on my SC.

Back