Tuneboy problems...

Are both keys saved under the properties tab? Isn't your other bike a R3T? There are two different versions of tuneboy for the standard and the touring models. I would go to the Tuneboy site and download the lastest version of tunedit.

You might email Wayne at tuneboy for suggestions and to verify that the key you have is correct.

I was having a problem loading a tune a couple of days ago. Wayne sent me a link to V3.7.3.4 which he felt would fix my problem. It seems that if you make certain modifications to an R3T map, earlier versions of Tune Edit will be unable to load the tune.

I downloaded 3.7.3.4 and loaded the tune that was giving me problems. It loaded fine on the first try. Here's a link to that version of Tune Edit.

http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Support/TuneEdit.zip

GPMAZ do you know if this version is compatiable with both the R3T and standard Rockets? Or do you need separate versions for each bike?

P'9r, I sure don't know. I guess I'd check to see what version is currently on his site as the latest. If its a later number than 3.7.3.4 then I'd be reluctant to try that on a R3T since he just sent me the link to 3.7.3.4 yesterday. If 3.7.3.4 is the latest version then I'd guess he's solved the incompatibility issue.

I have eliminated the fact that I have 2 rockets and 2 sets of keys...

brand new install on laptop with key that I got from Pianoman for the 05 Standard Rocket and the TuneEdit piece works but the TuneBoy piece does not.

then I setup a brand new install on another laptop with the key I got for my 08 Rocket Touring and everything works fine.

So no confusion on which key for what bike...

I just don't get why the tuneboy piece does not work??? I can load maps all day long but I can not get any of the screens to show data on the tach screen or sensor screen on the 05 Standard Rocket.

Thanks for the suggestions.
HEAD

so the tune edit works but not tune boy?

that is wierd, I was about to say if you completly had problems with key to recheck the key, maybe see if you can get a copy of the original email and check 0-o 1-l etc

yea but my system says it does not recognize the regsvr32 tuneboycontrol.dll com command

Not sure if I have regsvr32 on my system, I will do a file scan for it.

Thanks
HEAD

loaded the drivers and followed all the steps you listed and everything works except the tuneboy.exe, still getting the authentication issue. I e-mailed tuneboy support over the weekend but have not heard back from them.

head

Back