Tuneboy problems...

ROCKETHEAD

Top Fuel
Ride
2015 Triumph Trophy SE
I hooked up the cable and entered the key and get tuneedit to work just fine, it connected on com3, now tuneboy.exe launches and tries to connect to com1. Where do I change tuneboy.exe to use the same com port as tuneedit.exe?

Thanks
HEAD

The only place I can find that specifies com port is in the Properties screen of Tune Edit. Mine is set to com1. Have you tried making any changes there to see if they make any difference in how Tune Boy behaves?

Also try (if you have XP) with the cable connected go to the windows control panel and select system then select hardware and device manager. Then see if you can find the cable and play with the settings there.

I actually went to the port propperties under device manager and set it to com1 and then I set the com properties in tuneedit to match, now both tuneboy and tuneedit comes up with out tuneboy with the com error.

Next problem, I get to change stuff on tuneedit but the tuneboy app gives me serial number not authenticated and I can't get any guages to display.

This is on the bike I bought from Pianoman, I added the tuneedit key but it looks like I need a tuneboy key as well.

On my other rocket everything works fine. since I did the same procedure on both bikes I am not sure why tuneboy does not work on the 05 but tuneedit works.

Any help appreciated
HEAD

Make sure you are putting the key in the properties and not in that little box that pops up after you get the ecu number off the bike. This gave me a huge headache...lol
Under properties, if you look across the top of the page under options you will find properties, click. Add your key where it says New Key and click Add. The key should then pop up in the large white box above it. The Tuning Link Serial Port is also on here. Go down and make sure you have the right COM picked. Then click save

Also are you trying to use one key with 2 different ecu numbers? I am pretty positive that will not work. Will need to purchase a new key for the new ecu.

Last edited:
I have 2 rockets and 2 sets of keys, the TuneEdit program works on both and the TuneBoy program works on my 08 but not on my 05. On the TuneBoy program with the tach display it scrolls that the key is not valid and that it can't Authenticate against the ECU. I have since loaded the Tuneboy software on another laptop and used it on the 08Rocket and it works. I used a 3rd laptop and loaded the software on it and used it on the 05Rocket and the same thing happens, I get the TuneEdit program to work but the TuneBoy program does not authenticate. So I know that it is not a mismatch with the software keys.

HEAD

Sorry I am out of answers, it sounds like a question for Tuneboy, or for someone who has 2 Rockets and has Tuned both of them with the Tuneboy program. I never had to put a key into the Tuneboy.exe program. Never asked me to put one here. Only thing I used this for to date was to reset my adaptives. Though I know it does alot more, I have not had a need to really get much into this part of the program.

Maybe try to contact Tuneboy, I never got an answer from him, but keep in mind the time difference. By the time he would of responded to me I already had it figured out and let him know I no longer needed help.

Also might try Wayne at Powertrip performance. He tunes bikes with Tuneboys and maybe he has run into this before.

Good luck

LS

Its a built in security that pianoman installed to ensure the red rocket isnt monkeyed with (not really!) !! :D

mutt

Back