Tune for a Dain exhaust, RamAir on a 2017 Roadster?

caddydaddy

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Roadster
I have a 2017 Roadster with the AirRam filter and the Dain Triple D Racing exhaust pipe. Everything else is stock. What tune do you recommend for it?
The only reasonable tune I saw on the TuneECU page was one for aftermarket exhaust. I sent Hanso a message a while ago, but haven't heard back.

I have a 2017 Roadster with the AirRam filter and the Dain Triple D Racing exhaust pipe. Everything else is stock. What tune do you recommend for it?
The only reasonable tune I saw on the TuneECU page was one for aftermarket exhaust. I sent Hanso a message a while ago, but haven't heard back.

Did you ever find anything that works? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on Dain's exhaust myself.

Did you ever find anything that works? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on Dain's exhaust myself.
Now I'll ask you @Danvitt , did you find anything that works? I've already got Dain's exhaust and Ramair installed on my '05. 12 minute tune did wonders, but I know there's more.

Now I'll ask you @Danvitt , did you find anything that works? I've already got Dain's exhaust and Ramair installed on my '05. 12 minute tune did wonders, but I know there's more.

No, the 12 minute thing worked fine for me for right now. In fact I can definitely feel a difference, my front wheel "accidentally" likes to lift on the ground a bit more often. However I haven't added the ramair yet because Dain suggested to me that it would need a tune after that is installed. I will probably wait till spring and have it dynoed. Just want to make sure I'm not hurting anything.

No, the 12 minute thing worked fine for me for right now. In fact I can definitely feel a difference, my front wheel "accidentally" likes to lift on the ground a bit more often. However I haven't added the ramair yet because Dain suggested to me that it would need a tune after that is installed. I will probably wait till spring and have it dynoed. Just want to make sure I'm not hurting anything.

I'm sure the experten will comment shortly but....yes, there is more to it than the 12 minute tune. There are a number of tunes under resources for various combinations of RamAir plus alternative exhaust systems with one of the more important factors being whether or not you replace the headers or just the muffler. You will need a cable and a free download of tune ecu to get your rides started out right and, if you are fortunate enough to be near a dyno with an operator who will work with a Rocket, there's cream on your strawberries.

Back