Triumph Dealer Quote

I don't think I've ever heard of a problem from valve lash, no matter what year or miles. Sure it makes a difference to be exactly on specs, but For just simple street use, I dunno. Checking the valve lash on the Rocket 3 ain't no piece of cake. My 2013 has 34,000 and never checked, still runs like a Rocket. I dunno about one of my 05's, that has right at 65,000, I know it hasn't been checked since I've had it. When my 2013 hit 10,000 I called the dealer, and they said it had been changed to 20,000, and the mechanics I talked to said the ones they've checked at 20 or more K, need little if any adjustment.

I ride 2009 R3 Touring. I have 125,000 Km (75,000 miles) on my R3 always followed the recommended service and never have any problem.
2015 Rocket X with 60,000. Valve clearance has been checked three times by me. First check had a few loose from the factory. Second check Had two Exhaust out of tolerance (tight). Last check after new cams installed I had three valves that were tight one intake and two exhaust. A valve that has to tight of a clearance may not make any noticeable noise but can really screw things up. Better to be save than sorry or stranded somewhere.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

On my R3T did valve check at 32000 Km. Everything was on the mark. Next for me will be at about 64000Km during winter hibernation. Everything as far as oil & lubrication I do at recommended intervals. Oil is very cheap compared to an Valve Cover removal.

On my R3T did valve check at 32000 Km. Everything was on the mark. Next for me will be at about 64000Km during winter hibernation. Everything as far as oil & lubrication I do at recommended intervals. Oil is very cheap compared to an Valve Cover removal.

20,000 miles . Awhile back somebody posted the Memo that updated the valve check from 10,000 to 20,000. This memo was sent to all certified Truimph dealerships to supplement the Manual. This was a few years back so finding it on here would be difficult. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Boy am I goofing up and old man and a computer.. anyway bought my Roadster 2015 with 1500 miles they said I would need a 6000 mile valve adjustment?

Back