Triumph Daytona 675 WINS...

Jamie

Living Legend
... the 600 cc-class comparo organized by 12 motorcycle mags world-wide (under the SWA, Supertest World Association, banner) on the Almeira track in Spain (average lap times of all test riders shown between parentheses):
  • 1st: Triumph D675 (1'52''07)
  • 2nd: Yam YFZ 600 R6 (1'52'' 36)
  • 3rd: Suz GSX-R 600 (1'52''81)
  • 4th: Honda CBR 600 RR (1'53''40)
Triumph power dyno-measured @ 116.1 HP, close to that of the Yam @ 116.8, but lagging the Kawa @ 124.8.

Apart from the quickest lap times, the D675 ultimately won thanks to its "most homogenous chassis" and its "exemplary power delivery, right from mid-rpm's" .;)

Is that all?

NO!

The SWA was running a simultaneous 1000 cc-class comparo, you see. And when all the results of both classes were tallied the D675 emerged THIRD BEST 2006 SPORT BIKE , after the Kawa ZX-10R and the Honda CBR 1000 RR. No "subjective" stuff, mind you: the fourth overall is the allmighty Suzuki GSX-R 1000, with a slower lap time average than that of the D675 (1'52''27 versus "1'52''07 for the D675!!!) :D

And I own one! :cool:

Best. Jamie
(Triumph Rocket III)

Last edited:
If that thing keeps getting those kind of reviews you are gonna be able to sell yours for a profit :D

Mission Possible

I just hope Mr John Bloor Esq. sells his for a profit. Developing and producing the Rocket III or such an instantaneous world-class champ as the D 675 and selling them @ competitive prices, from a relatively high UK labor cost base, without EU subsidies, with a strong UK currency (the Brits, like the Swiss, have opted out of the Euro) and financing that accomplishment from his own -- company founder/owner' s-- equity (Triumph is not a listed, public company and has no long-term debt with banks) is an extaraordinary... triumph of entrepreneurial spirit.

Is such a spirit one of the reasons why both my motorcycles are Triumph's? You bet! :cool:

Jamie. Triumph Rocket III

Very well put Jamie. Not many resurrected motorcycle companies have lasted more than a few years. Hinkley's record is definitely a testament to John Bloor's deep pockets and excellent business sense.

Jamie said:
I just hope Mr John Bloor Esq. sells his for a profit. Developing and producing the Rocket III or such an instantaneous world-class champ as the D 675 and selling them @ competitive prices, from a relatively high UK labor cost base, without EU subsidies, with a strong UK currency (the Brits, like the Swiss, have opted out of the Euro) and financing that accomplishment from his own -- company founder/owner' s-- equity (Triumph is not a listed, public company and has no long-term debt with banks) is an extaraordinary... triumph of entrepreneurial spirit.

Is such a spirit one of the reasons why both my motorcycles are Triumph's? You bet! :cool:

Jamie. Triumph Rocket III

Jamie, please don't expect to remain retired for long... I can see Triumph will be out head hunting for your promotional skills! Ah, poor old Jamie, has to relocate to Hinkley, back in the workforce, so busy writing has no time to ride his two motorcycles! We'll pray that God will deliver you from this terrible fate bro! Davo :D

Lacking an offer from Mr Bloor, I might consider promoting motorcycle tours in Australia. Still a niche market in Western Europe, as far as I can tell:confused: :cool:

Dormant Shareholders , Please!

Oh yeah. Shareholders-debated libel suits against group actions for a side stand that bites into flared jeans, decel popping that promotes deafness, spotty tank finish, dealership franchises that suck and rusty foot pegs that impede participation to shows...:cool:

If you think about it... that's a pretty short list. Look at the list for the Goldwing, and they have little trouble selling their stock. Triumph's hot right now.. unless Bloor wants to build another factory I doubt you will see them going public...

Oh yeah. Shareholders-debated libel suits against group actions for a side stand that bites into flared jeans, decel popping that promotes deafness, spotty tank finish, dealership franchises that suck and rusty foot pegs that impede participation to shows

I think I indeed know that maybe you could in fact be partially or fully knowledgeable to the extent that this, in all probability may not mean a whole lot, but then, what do I know anyway!:D

As Tomo said It's a mighty short list Jamie. Besides you would buy some shares I'll bet;)

Back