Triumph Daytona 675 WINS...

Toystoretom said:
I like that Scrambler too, its probably more my speed :D

Regular Bonnie much better on ALL accounts, nostalgia included. i.e. unless you fancy up-swept pipes. Scrambler engine is terminally bland. A pizza delivery ute or a riding school mule, IMO. Which does not imply it' won't be successful. Fact is, it was the most sought demo mount during the local Triumph day I participated in and reported on earlier. Jamie

Last edited:
Swa

I had mentioned the Supertest World Association of bike magazines. Some of you asked about the membership of that association, hoping, I suppose, to recognize their favorite US, English or Australian mag in there. Hate to disappoint but "only" the following mags took part in the above-mentioned SWA-sponsored comparo:
  • Moto 73, Netherlands
  • Due Ruote, Italy
  • Solo Moto, Spain
  • Moto! Brazil
  • 0-300, Greece
  • MO, Germany
  • Motojornal, Portugal
  • Young Machines, Japan
  • El Periodico, Spian
  • L' Intégral, France
  • MSS, Motor Sport Schweiz & Motor Sport Suisse, Switzerland
  • Moto Revue, France
Sorry folks.

Jap Manufacturers are worried about the 675

It seems that the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers are taking Triumph a little more seriously now more than ever! Case and point: Honda's R & D Department just bought a brand new 675 from my local dealer, the second one he had received. When I asked WHY he sold it to them, he replied; "They are going to get one from someone, why not make a few bucks off of them! I charged them full bore on the price. And they told me that they were going to tear it down as soon as they got back to their shop." I would have to guess that the other manufacturers (Kawasaki, Yamaha & Suzuki at least) have already purchased their 675 also. So we will soon see the war of the 600's enter a new phase with the Japs copying Hinkley's all new engineering. I hope Triumph continues to keep thinking outside the box to keep one step ahead of them! :confused:

Rock 'On Triumph... :D :D :D

MikeV

Back