Transmission Case

MikeDeY

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Roadster
So, I wrecked my baby a few days ago, and the transmission case is broken where the shift-linkage goes in. Where might I be able to get a transmission case? Or a whole transmission if it comes to that. Other than dealerships, I mean. Thanks for any help!

Sorry to hear about your mishap. What happened? Are you OK?
I'm afraid I can't help with you question other than to suggest you look for other wrecked bikes.

Check out pinwheel on ebay .......they may have a website.....or just do an ebay search for rocket iii. Pinwheel has alot of parts....might have to buy the whole engine but hopefully someone will chime in and tell me im wrong! :D

mutt

Nope,
you're right Kmutt,
Pinwell sells whole engines, and some parts,
but I'm afraid you're looking an an engine from them.
Another alternative is a machine shop that can weld Aluminum.
heliarc it and machine it back down.
Another alternative, and much cheaper for sure is,,,,
Let me tell ya a story.
Back about 10 years ago we had a real cold winter.
I had a chevy with a 454 motor in it.
It got so cold it cracked the block from freeze plug to freeze plug
but didn't blow the freeze plugs out.
Weird I know, but it happened.
Anyway, I took some JB weld and a toothpick, pulled the freezeplugs out,
and rubbed it in the crack then poked it in with the toothpick ,
then after it dried good, reinserted new freeze plugs.
it held for another 4 or 5 years and never leaked a drop.
When I finally sold it, it was still running.
Good luck whatever you do.

Check out pinwheel on ebay .......they may have a website.....or just do an ebay search for rocket iii. Pinwheel has alot of parts....might have to buy the whole engine but hopefully someone will chime in and tell me im wrong! :D

mutt

www.pinwallcycle.com and if you find anything there you need shipped I live about 35 minutes from their warehouse. Pm me and I can surely assist with the freight if you go that route. If it were me I would go with Skip's JB weld method as I have had similar experience with another cast part on another engine. Good Luck!!

Here's a picture... I don't think the jb-weld idea will work in this case.

Attachments

• SDC11167.jpg
    SDC11167.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 246
  • SDC11168.jpg
    SDC11168.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 202
New engine for you.. or at least new block.. Like Warp said below, I would be surprised if they didn't total the bike over that. There is probably some real internal damage to that motor as well..

Have you got insurance?
New complete block is in order- the head or another engine. I would be surprised if they did not total it.

Back