Touring hard cases on roadster via easy brackets

cadconversions

Sr. Pastor, iLive Church
Ride
2012 R3R
Is there anything that would prevent a person from mounting touring hardbags on a roadster if you used easy brackets? Any interference issues???

Don't know what the back of those bags look like but if they're flat, it could work. There's also the holes for the stock mounting.

Something to keep into consideration also is that the R3t has hardware under the bags to support them.Just my .02worth of a info

So is the easy bracket not enough support?

Typically, the bag will need some form of support bar or you run the risk of cracking the bag. It needs something structurally to disperse the weight and force against the mounting points.

Edit; I use Ghost brackets for my hard lined leather bags. The Ghost mounts come with a plate that mounts to the back of the bag, providing the support I mentioned.

Eddit; Here is a link that provides a picture of the bracket system that mounts to the back of the bag. Thus the back must be flat. http://www.hudons.com/products/prod...I1zPgtCpLLQzLXbpBsBw2RSqnGkEsX48xAaAtyE8P8HAQ

Not sure about hard bags, but I have the largest set of bags Viking makes on a set of easy brackets on one of my rockets that were loaded to the max during the 4,000+ miles of the last RAA. Worked just fine.

I have mitzy's removable backrest designed for he easy brackets and was looking for something to just mount when I want them and take them off when I don't.

Found some touring hardbags on eBay that looked great - just don't know how they would mount.

I have mitzy's removable backrest designed for he easy brackets and was looking for something to just mount when I want them and take them off when I don't.

Found some touring hardbags on eBay that looked great - just don't know how they would mount.
They look flat on the back but it's hard to tell. Maybe someone who has them could tell you. Or go into a dealer and look at one.

Back