Transmission went south

Once you go over 100ft, you really should step up to the next gauge wire. So if you're running @160' of 12 gauge, you should be using 15A breakers. If you want 20A circuits, you should be using 10 Gauge.
Thanks for the heads up. Run is less than 100 ft. Original plan was to run wire along the outside of house. Now plan on running wire under house which cuts down on length of run.

Thanks for the heads up. Run is less than 100 ft. Original plan was to run wire along the outside of house. Now plan on running wire under house which cuts down on length of run.
I'm surprised they didn't make you bury the cable and put it inside conduit. Are you required to get a building and electrical permit?

I'm surprised they didn't make you bury the cable and put it inside conduit. Are you required to get a building and electrical permit?
Nope. I live out in the sticks. Will bury the cable when it gets out from house but under the house why? Using the stuff that you are not required to place in conduit or protective pipe. Very expensive wire. Might have a idea of what am doing and how to go about it. Not my first rodeo. You have to remember my post of having a 250 amp meter box. That did not happen by chance. Most city homes only have 200 amps at best that are up to code. City codes are nice but electrical fires are not my cup of tea. Prefer to take it one step beyond the electrical codes set by the counties and city folks.

Got LAID OFF TODAY. Stroker kit is not going to happen. I do have a nice nest egg to fall back on along with unemployment. Will continue with shed and bike overhaul but can not justify cost of stroker kit at this time. If and when the government passes a bailout bill is a factor in shop opening up again but am not holding my breath.

Omg Sonny sorry to hear about you job.

Hopefully you will be able to find another job.

Good welders are very hard to come by.

Back