My take

When I first opened the thread and looked at the bike, it instantly reminded me of a Moto Guzzi California Police edition in black instead of white like the Guzzi's are painted. If you want that look, buy a Guzzi. They are literally thousands cheaper.

I frankly don't care for the polished stainless or aluminum or whatever it is below the windshield. The bike would look much better with a fairing in black, Windjammer style with lowers.

At least Triumph is using those cheap push-in brake line holders on the front fender so I'll have more customers..... Got to hand it to Triumph. Have an assembly line part a chimpanzee can install and stay with it.

Any idea where this newest monochronoid Rocket is being manufactured?

WTF there's not even a a sissy bar. Did they forget that it takes multiple incomes to buy the frickin thing. I'd give them a D- for their effort. All this hoopla for nothing

Multiple incomes??? No it don't. I'm retired and mine is paid for. The multiple incomes are for insurance in our state......Going to LC's open house?

HD's that look like R3's from the front............new Fat Bob

Now R3's that look like HD's ??????????

Will they be able to get the price down low enough to appeal to potential HD buyers? ...unlikely I reckon.

Are Triumph and HD designers in cahoots? As nothing on either bike stands out as being unique.

Just my twopennys woirth

08' ?

Wonder when they will be in the show rooms or will this be another mid-year entry like the original promise. Dang if the rear tire is a bit cheaper could be a consideration. Doesn't look as if there is much clarence on twisties but of coarse thats not what we do,or should do, right? Just reminds me of the hardley sparkin on the dragon is all. Don't think I can wait if it comes out next year. :(

I can see one in my future

I am not going to criticize the tourer at this point in the ball game. I want to see it sitting on the showroom floor before I really make up my mind. Even in this developmental form l think it out shines the Victory Vision hands down. The Rocket looks like a motorcycle, not a Star Wars jet ski. I like the bones of the Triumph Rocket. It is the best riding motorcycle I have ever sat on and the power and acceleration of the in-line three will always be at the top of my list. I believe Triumph is trying and maybe this look is an attempt to "Harley Up" the Beast for some increased sales and win a few HD converts, so be it. The Nashville run convinced me that a Tourer would be my next bike, mainly for added comfort and storage capabilities. It is transition time, tourer now, trike around the corner. Just remember guys, go to any bike night or gathering. How many Harley's and Wings do you see in comparison to Rockets. In summary, "I like not being part of masses and out running their asses". Anybody heard any rumors as to what the MSP will be?

If this is it, I am very disappointed. Other than the rear wheel (more choices???) consideration, this doesn't light my fire at all, it leaves me feeling the same way as what I think of the Vision...ho hum.

They needed to keep the Rocket basics intact, the hard bags I could live with, but a tour pack/trunk would have been appreciated. Since there is no fairing, obviously the stereo option isn't happening and probably no cruise control as well. ABS anyone???

The Gold Wing is still KING (of the tourers....sorry Harley).

Maybe next year...
Dennis

Last edited:
I don't uderstand the point of it. Isn't it better just to buy the basic Rocket and install the touring accessories of your choice? To me a bike sold as a touring bike should not just have the usual add ons but have all the touring stuff that is difficult to install such as built in GPS, a nice fairing loaded with instrumentation, cruise control, radio/cd etc.....like the Goldwing and Ultraclassic. Now those are touring bikes, not just cruisers with add ons.

I do agree that this bike seems to be geared toward those who want a more traditional look but still want the power of the Rocket, but it certainly isn't geared for the touring crowd.

Stick the Rocket engine and shaft drive into the Ultraclassic, throw in ABS......I would probably buy that in a heartbeat.

Back