Be aware ken that it only sresets the adaptives at idle and very low throttle openings so dont hold wide open throttle or at higher revs for an extended time till you get it remapped by your guys at
Nobody does stupid things to save money.....:confused:
Oh Yessss They Do!!! .... look at the idea of running the full load of the light thru the ignition switch ..... mmmm

Good day all,
Just got my R3R back from the dealer yesterday, first 500mi service. All went well, they found a very small oil leak on the gear position sensor, not enough to drip on the ground but enough to raise a warranty work order. They also found that the #4 spark plug wire was not connecting to the plug hard enough so that will be repaired as well under warranty, other than that all is good.

The reason for the post was that when I went to pick up my ride I was asked by the head mechanic when was I going to upgrade my exhaust to the TORS, do they really make that much of a difference over stock. I was also told that the triumph tune was dialled in perfectly for this upgrade and I'd receive an increase in HP along with a better exhaust tone over stock. This is not an expensive upgrade but before I jump in I thought I'd ask those who really know.

Thanks
Hello Kevin !
The TOR's have a very good Sound !! I hear this also often from the other People and from other Rocketdrivers here in Austria !
greetings from the sunny Vienna !
Peter

I don't really have any new information for you, but I can give an opinion. For sound alone, the TORs for the roadster were a nice upgrade. I went from barely hearing my exhaust (really disappointing) to enjoying a nice low purr that opened up pretty well around 3000 rpm. I didn't notice much power improvement with the slip-ons and the triumph tune, but I never got it on a dyno. If you want to try the TORs but don't want to blow your whole budget, I'm trying to sell mine (got a Reband pipe from those crazy Aussies, and I'm not looking to go back). Shipping costs may be prohibitive, though. Best bet is probably to buy new from your dealer, if you can!

Be aware ken that it only sresets the adaptives at idle and very low throttle openings so dont hold wide open throttle or at higher revs for an extended time till you get it remapped by your guys at

Dawg68 said:
Nobody does stupid things to save money....

HansO post: Oh Yessss They Do!!! .... look at the idea of running the full load of the light thru the ignition switch ..... mmmm

Or using a car tire to save money . . .
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Sorry Mate - just couldn't resist!

Or using a car tire to save money . . .
:roll:
Sorry Mate - just couldn't resist![/QUOTE]
:p:p:p:p I didnt do it to save Money otherwise I wouldn't be currently running a Bridgestone so there.
I did it to get grip because the lousy Crappy Metz nearly sat me on my Arse a few times. "designed for the Rocket" what a load of Horse $hit
:p:p:p:p
And No I am not cranky or having a Dummy Spit just highlighting what I have said on many occasions it was never about the money otherwise I would never have bought a Rocket .............. you don't buy a Rocket if you are going to worry about running costs....... I would have stuck to sewing machine Jap Crapper otherwise

Last edited:
Steve You may have noticed that the Darkside reference has been absent from my Signature for some time now as the Jury is still Out

Back