Fitting TORs to a Touring or Roadster eliminates the cats. There is no other cat to by-pass.

Okay, for my clarification please, do the TORS eliminate the catalyst box? Or do they connect in the same fashion as the stock exhaust? I was looking up the exhaust system in the service manual trying to find what folks are calling the crossover, can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

the crossover is the pipe that runs between the two mufflers.
And the cats ARE in the factory standard mufflers

Okay, for my clarification please, do the TORS eliminate the catalyst box? Or do they connect in the same fashion as the stock exhaust? I was looking up the exhaust system in the service manual trying to find what folks are calling the crossover, can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

As far as I know the Roadster cats are in the crossover. The Touring cats are in the pipes.

As far as I know the Roadster cats are in the crossover. The Touring cats are in the pipes.

That is not correct. In the pre-Roadster models, ie Standard/Classic 3 pipe system up to and including '09, the cat (singular) is in the cross-over. In Roadsters and Tourings, as stated several times above, the cats (2, one in each) are in the mufflers. Sheesh. There is a crossover pipe carrying the exhaust to the 2 mufflers on R3R and R3T models but is has no cat.

That is not correct. In the pre-Roadster models, ie Standard/Classic 3 pipe system up to and including '09, the cat (singular) is in the cross-over. In Roadsters and Tourings, as stated several times above, the cats (2, one in each) are in the mufflers. Sheesh. There is a crossover pipe carrying the exhaust to the 2 mufflers on R3R and R3T models but is has no cat.
Thank you and understood.

Thank you for the clarification. I always thought Roadsters had the cats in the crossover ,but seeing as they are running a 3 into 2 system like the Touring now it does make perfect sense.

The Roadster crossover is empty! I have checked.
I have no idea why it is such a stupid design other than possibly the same part that once held a cat was used to save money.

Back