Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Good day all,
Just got my R3R back from the dealer yesterday, first 500mi service. All went well, they found a very small oil leak on the gear position sensor, not enough to drip on the ground but enough to raise a warranty work order. They also found that the #4 spark plug wire was not connecting to the plug hard enough so that will be repaired as well under warranty, other than that all is good.

The reason for the post was that when I went to pick up my ride I was asked by the head mechanic when was I going to upgrade my exhaust to the TORS, do they really make that much of a difference over stock. I was also told that the triumph tune was dialled in perfectly for this upgrade and I'd receive an increase in HP along with a better exhaust tone over stock. This is not an expensive upgrade but before I jump in I thought I'd ask those who really know.

Thanks

just stuck tors on my 2012, and it definitely sounds a little snarkier, but with k&n underseat filter and the custom tune it really doesn't seem noticeably faster... but that's just seat of the pants... wanted to get it dyno'd at bike week, but the only guy doing pulls would only do hd's...

My friend Mike the Millionaire put TORS on his new 2013 Roadster when he bought it new a few months ago. They are OK but don't sound as good as the 3 pipe TORS. I suggest if you have the money to go with one of the others like Staintune, Reband D&D and so on as the list is long of exhaust options. The TORS are a good bang for the buck for sure though.

However, the power increase comes from a modified tune that you need when you install revised intake/exhaust. Consider your needs, budget and options for that along with the pipe change. I recommend Dobeck Performance AFR Plus. It is a simple, easy to use, affordable device that really works well. I have stock intake, TORs and DP AFR Plus. My power gains with just the AFR Plus was about 20 HP and 10 TQ. The Dobeck AFR Plus does NOT require a dyno tuner to install or tune in for you. It is a simple piggyback on your current EFI and you are in control of the AFR. You can make the AFR what ever you want it to be for any given situation or intake/exhaust modes. It has instant readout so you always know where you are. One really good side effect is ... no more burning right leg.

The other thing you need to know about is TuneECU. It is a freeware program that allows you to change your EFI program codes and or make adjustments to the codes. All you need is a laptop and a $20 cable. Very fun tool if you are comfortable with computers.

PM me if you want some details. Or search the forum as there is a wealth of information on these pages.

Bill

Thanks fellas, keeping my options open. As I only have a short time on my rocket I'm not entirely eager to make any changes at the moment..... Unless the exhaust upgrade make her run better than stock, I think you know what I mean.....

We haven't finished courting yet and I'm not sure if I want to change the way she operates, at least for the first season.
The reason I posted I that I've been told on more than one occasion I should consider upgrading the exhaust but to be honest..... She makes me grin just the way she came.

a wise man once told me (after i told him i just got a new bigger, faster bike) "you mean you could hold the throttle all the way open all the time on your old one?"...

you should be able to keep grinning for quite a while just by using the twisty grip like a on-off switch instead of a dimmer...

a wise man once told me (after i told him i just got a new bigger, faster bike) "you mean you could hold the throttle all the way open all the time on your old one?"...

you should be able to keep grinning for quite a while just by using the twisty grip like a on-off switch instead of a dimmer...
The TORS on my 2005 sound much better than stock, so I had them installed on my 2014. A waste of money. Not much difference in sound at all and I would bet money the '05 is quicker.

I put the TOR's (along with a crossover) on my 2012 about 3 months back, dealer put in the TOR's tune, better exhaust tone, and more seat of the pants power (to me), didn't have it dynoed at that stage but reckon it gained about 10 RWHP

Back