Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
I have discovered my bike has a TORS tune on it (according to the tune number read by Dealertool i used) but it has standard pipes. I have the Triumph dealer paperwork where the 1st owner had them fit them so i assume they put on the TORS tune too.
When i purchased the bike the standard pipes were already fitted on it.
My bike starts and runs fine. My question is do i really need to put a standard tune back on or is it safe to carry on as it is.
I am thinking the TORS tune just lets the engine run slightly richer so it is not going to cause any damage to the valves etc. If it would run weak then it could cause some damage.
I am happy with the miles per gallon, all seems good to me.
I would never had known it had the TORS tune if i had'nt used Dealertool.
Sometimes too much information hurts.
Any comments?

Last edited:
you could check how the spark plugs are doing removing one of them... slightly richer should be fine...

I have discovered my bike has a TORS tune on it (according to the tune number read by Dealertool i used) but it has standard pipes. I have the Triumph dealer paperwork where the 1st owner had them fit them so i assume they put on the TORS tune too.
When i purchased the bike the standard pipes were already fitted on it.
My bike starts and runs fine. My question is do i really need to put a standard tune back on or is it safe to carry on as it is.
I am thinking the TORS tune just lets the engine run slightly richer so it is not going to cause any damage to the valves etc. If it would run weak then it could cause some damage.
I am happy with the miles per gallon, all seems good to me.
I would never had known it had the TORS tune if i had'nt used Dealertool.
Sometimes too much information hurts.
Any comments?

what is the number of your tune?
have you compared the tube size of your muffler/cat to see if u have the tors?
i don't have that info but i am sure someone does.

what is the number of your tune?
have you compared the tube size of your muffler/cat to see if u have the tors?
i don't have that info but i am sure someone does.
I have looked up the tune number on the tune ecu site and it shows it as the tors tune.
The pipes have the part number stamped on them and they are standard pipes.

I have looked up the tune number on the tune ecu site and it shows it as the tors tune.
The pipes have the part number stamped on them and they are standard pipes.

I WOULD SAY THE BEST BET WOULD BE GET THE TORS SOrry caps :laugh:
i dont think it would be a prob to run that tune but i am not qualified to answer that question;)

Mine is standard as well, with the tor's mapping. I tried the standard mapping too, but that mapping gives much more plopping at decelerating. However, it uses a little less fuel 😁. Riding, it doesn't make much difference. The plopping was the main reasons to go back to the Tor's mapping. Recently I added the RAM air, now it feels stronger, with the Tor's mapping. I would just leave it as it is.

I don't think the TOR tune will hurt at all in a stock setup. A lot of fellows add a bit of fuel to reduce the tendency the engine has to pop on deceleration because the stock tune is quite lean. As Turbo stated, pull a plug to see what color it is.

If you do have Tune ECU and a cable, switching tunes is quite easy. I'd keep the TOR tune though.

I don't think the TOR tune will hurt at all in a stock setup. A lot of fellows add a bit of fuel to reduce the tendency the engine has to pop on deceleration because the stock tune is quite lean. As Turbo stated, pull a plug to see what color it is.

If you do have Tune ECU and a cable, switching tunes is quite easy. I'd keep the TOR tune though.

pica posted about pulling spark plugs
good idea

Mine is standard as well, with the tor's mapping. I tried the standard mapping too, but that mapping gives much more plopping at decelerating. However, it uses a little less fuel 😁. Riding, it doesn't make much difference. The plopping was the main reasons to go back to the Tor's mapping. Recently I added the RAM air, now it feels stronger, with the Tor's mapping. I would just leave it as it is.
Thanks for your answer.

Back